PC not booting?

osokk

In Runtime
I have a really odd problem with my pc right now. I just got a new video card and when its fully inserted into the agp slot it seems that my pc wont boot up. When I pull out the video card a little bit from the agp slot the pc boots up. I dont know why its doing this. Yesterday I finally got my pc to detect my video card and it ran perfect then I go to boot up my pc this time and it powers on but wont boot up. If anyone knows of this problem please let me know what to do thanks.

osok24

hmmm its a brand new mobo but ill try blowing the dust out with my compressed air. also on the mobo there like this little battery standing upright and the video card seems to touch it. does this affect anything?

I'm not entirely sure but if there is a metal part of the card touching it then it might be shorting it out.

but do you know what i mean? theres like a lil battery on the mobo thats what might be touching the video card.

You could maybe use a little insulating tape on there to stop it making contact and shorting.

ok so when i get the insulating tape do i put it all over the battery or on the bottom part of the video card to stop contact?

Doesnt really matter, as long as you stop the contact. Just dont put it anywhere thats gonna get hot.

ok i tried the tape thing and it didnt work. im clueless i guess ill just take it to a shop maybe they can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom