How to create a boot disk ?

fredstek

Baseband Member
How do i create a bootable disk for my windows xp image file i have so i can install it threw boot ? i have tried many ways but not working wasted to many sony dvds i need some one to tell me strait out how to ?

Is it an .iso image? If so just use nero and select burn image from the recorder menu at the top. Also, if you cant get it to start up, are you sure you have set your BIOS to boot from your CD/DVD drive?

an .iso is a type of image file. It doesnt specifically relate to boots, as it could be any type of program thats imaged, so it might not be bootable.

Is it an .iso image? If so just use nero and select burn image from the recorder menu at the top. Also, if you cant get it to start up, are you sure you have set your BIOS to boot from your CD/DVD drive?

well yeah ive tried 3 times ive tried xtracting the files from the image i downloaded...and burning them strait onto the disk and trying with boot dident work ! ive tried just burning the image to the dvd and ive tried this other way where it created a image again of my xp image and just named it image....lol hope u got that but yer i then added that to nero and burned thinking u had to set it like that first to be seen as a image but nope none of them worked but yeah i go into the set up thing and change it to boot from my cd but it just ses ither restart with a normal thingy or add a data disk

doesnt it need an autorun file saying what you file you want to be run or something?

Back
Top Bottom