Need some help, my comp has problems.

It's an Athlon 64 CPU right? Yeah I think that's it because Athlon XP only goes up to like 2500+. I just looked up the temps for your CPU and according to AMD, your Max Temp is @ 55-69°C for optimum operation. You're fine. That can narrow it down to your video card and power supply. Does that video card have extra power dongles you can connect to?

It's an Athlon 64 CPU right? Yeah I think that's it because Athlon XP only goes up to like 2500+. I just looked up the temps for your CPU and according to AMD, your Max Temp is @ 55-69°C for optimum operation. You're fine. That can narrow it down to your video card and power supply. Does that video card have extra power dongles you can connect to?

Well, its an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and the video card has no power supply cables at all.

I would think it would be a heat problem, since the SpeedFan says its hot with the fire symbol, and what really makes me think its heat, is that it only happens like after time. But there's another thing that boggles my mind. Whenever I play Postal 2, when I go into one of the houses and look into the mirror, my computer instantly does the freeze/sound shutter thing, then goes back to normal, but then a split second later it does it again and I don't have enough time to get away from the mirror. It's odd, but I am sooo confused, I was hoping it was the heatsink.

How about turning down the game settings? You can adjust the display settings too so that you're not running high performance.

How about turning down the game settings? You can adjust the display settings too so that you're not running high performance.

I still tryed, but no success. I usually run on the stock settings, which is like med-high.

I'm wondering if it could be drawing more power than it should? But the 7600GT isn't a power hog like the others. You should be able to run this video card even with a 300watt power supply or even a 250watt power supply. I may just reconsider uninstalling all your games. Then install one at a time to see how that goes.

May sound daft, but when was the last time you defragged ya harddrive? And have you got all the latest drivers and updates installed?

I think he need to reapply some thermal paste, have you been removing the heatsink before? You may have lost some, pick it up for 11$ at best buy or online somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom