My new comp!

exactly FPS on doom 3 is fine I saw a video a dude benchmarked his pc that has e6600 2gb ram and a 8800GTX at 1440res he got 55FPS average, so my frames are pretty close since ive got the GTS I am happy now ! :D

I'm pretty sure HL2 and CSS (Source) games are pretty processor/ram limited so keep that in mind when you test it out. My brother came up today and we played with his new GTS for a while, gets a little better framerates on those but still "slow" for 8 series standards. That, and you see huge gains in framerates from just increasing FSB and not much with GPU OC's.
Call of Duty 2 though, maxed out it ran PERFECT, silky smooth, No frameskips, and it seemed the GPU wasn't even trying.

Even though its a dell, i must say its a nice system. The trick to dell is you gotta get a decently priced machine to get a good quality one.

Every day at work its the same thing the cheap $600 dells that are less than two years old come in often for service, the ones above $1000 come in after about 4 years. for the average joe, they are decent, untill something goes wrong and you need to make a phone call to india. (please note that the only reason i said this last stuff is because i saw a comment from some1 asking why we don't like dells)

I'm pretty sure HL2 and CSS (Source) games are pretty processor/ram limited so keep that in mind when you test it out. My brother came up today and we played with his new GTS for a while, gets a little better framerates on those but still "slow" for 8 series standards. That, and you see huge gains in framerates from just increasing FSB and not much with GPU OC's.
Call of Duty 2 though, maxed out it ran PERFECT, silky smooth, No frameskips, and it seemed the GPU wasn't even trying.

I was expecting more for Doom 3 but when I saw this video I guess my FPS are right huh he had the same settings as me except 1440res he got 55FPS average. Right now as soon as I truned AA to 8 in doom my FPS shooted up to 60-100FPS I guess AA16 is pretty much overkill and I didnt see a difference with AA at 8.

Link to the video benchmarking doom on a similar sistem to mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZfykxkCI9A

Oh on the windows vista thing i got a score of 5.9 on my GPU

I guess AA16 is pretty much overkill and I didnt see a difference with AA at 8.

that sucks. I don't have any games that support 16x AA so i haven't been able to take a look at it, but i was really hopeing it would make things look better.

My brother just explained to me how AA works today... do you guys know?
For those who don't, apparently it just creates a HUGE image and scales it down so the jaggies are eliminated. Intense.

Back
Top Bottom