new monitor, which should I get?

Currently I have an old xbox, would I be able to plug that into the asus or spectre? At 480p would that work? The spectre also didnt include the DVI cable. And, if I plugged the xbox or 360, if I ever get one, into the asus how would I get sound?

Oh, and what is HDCP. I know its hd computer, but what does it do for you?

Fixed. That Spectre looks nice too, but don't expect much from the onboard speakers. Also, it doesn't come with a DVI. If you wanna save a few bucks from your 200 it looks like a great deal and a good monitor.

Theres a few ways you can get your xbox into the monitor. Your video card isn't listed in your sig, so I don't know if it has s-video. If it does, you can get something that attaches to the XBOX's RCA cable and turns into an s-video cord. I think it is called an RFU switch. Hope that helps.

I'm not too familiar with these HD setups. What I would do is make sure the monitor you get have that HDCP input or whatever you call it. I don't think the XBox use the regular DVI input and definitely not the analog RGB. I'll look for some to see if there is one available.

I'd go with the second one.

Also I looked up some stuff on that RFU switch... I think thats for SNES and stuff <.< I need to get with the times.

Thanks, and you are above 10,00 posts ISOwner!! but what about the regular xbox? Will that work?

I typed HDCP into google and got stuff on high-definition copy protocol and things like that, is that what it is?

And the second monitor is not 1000:1 contrast ratio but 800:1 is that still good?

I have a 19" Viewsonic widescreen with a 5ms response time and a 1440x900 resolution. It looks amazing. The product code is VG1930wm.

Back
Top Bottom