Need new power supply

I uninstalled the drivers and deleted traces of NVIDIA folders. One thing, before I install the new beta driver, do I install the EVGA driver that came with the box, or do I leave it out?

So, only the nvidia one? kk. I just thought you always had to first install what comes with the package, in this case, the EVGA 8800 disk.

Unfortunatly, no improvement in performance. Still dropping CSS fps to 40-60 with trilinear filtering and 2xAA.

use 3D Mark instead of a game as sometimes games have limits of FPS on them.

OH! i know now! A "feature" with Pentium 4/D is that if they got too hot, they would throttle as in drop the multiplier and thus the clock speeds to safe temperatures. Download this: http://www.techspot.com/download400.html and see if your cpu is throttling. If it is, then go out and buy a heatsink.

My tower has a screen that tells me the temperature of the cpu, hard drive, and system. Never have I seen a temperature higher than 37-38 degrees Celsius.

if you're talking about a thermal probe, that temperature is very inaccurate. It could tell you a false reading while your cpu is throttling. Just try the program out and if it isn't throttling, thats one thing you can rule out.

Ok, as long as it is easily removable afterwards.

Ah, its a program you use without installation, nice. I'll put it to work while playing CSS or Doom 3.

try it with Orthos to really stress your processor too. If it doesn't throttle, you don't have a heat problem.

Back
Top Bottom