Blocking websites

thedream83

Solid State Member
I want to block certain websites like Limewire and winmx etc. But when I go to parental controls it doesnt allow me to change it cause it is the administrator. Does this mean I have to set up a whole new account.

So you are the only account on that computer?If you are just password protect it with this:
http://www.password-protect-software.com/
its a trial version but that should work (I don't know if some of the free ones are illegal or not).
But limewire already has filters that you can use on it just use that if you are worried about some of your kids(sounds like you do) looking at some stuff they shouldn't.

Does anyone know any good ones that aren't a trial? I used to know a good one but i forgot it.

Your router should et you have that option too. On the Linksys version, I can login to access the router menus. Then if you go under the Access Restrictions tab and browse down, you'll see an area where you can type in the websites you want to block.

That's for the Linksys wireless router though. But your router should have that feature too. See if it's available to you.

untitledxz4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom