Proper Grammar

Really, the only time i use the abriviotions (besides ones like lol, imo or other ones like that) is on IM. I do catch myself doing "no" or "u" but i tend to change it on here or emails because it does make things easier to read.

Overall though, my grammer isn't the greatest anywhere. I know i have lots of run-on sentences here. I do know that i have lots of non-capitalized words and crap. Heck, i don' tknow about the rest of you guys, but i'd fail english class if it wasn't for spell check and grammer check. I can do the basics, but i can't catch my own mistakes.

Proper grammar is a good thing. I don't care if someone misses a "," or something like that, I just don't like it when people type like a 12-year-old AOLer.

Internet Lysdexia can be so annoying.
My nephews drive me crazy on MSN etc, it's like they are often typing a different language.
Decent spleeing and punuctuationings help, but it's hardly ruining most folks day i imagine.

Its the single word YO'!'s, WOOT!'s, OMG!'s, YEAH!'s replies that get my goat.
But then again, i'm prolly just being a grumpy old man on a saturday morn.

Enjoy the sun this weekend if you have it guys and gals, hitting the mid 20's°c here under the Eiffel.
I'm off to feed that goat of mine.

Probably some alphabet soup...

GRAMMAR.gif
Excellent animation
good.gif

Its the single word YO'!'s, WOOT!'s, OMG!'s, YEAH!'s replies that get my goat.
But then again, i'm prolly just being a grumpy old man on a saturday morn.

Enjoy the sun this weekend if you have it guys and gals, hitting the mid 20's°c here under the Eiffel.
I'm off to feed that goat of mine.

Probably some alphabet soup...
I like your sense of humour:) , it's hot on the Isle of Wight too, the barometer hasn't budged for around 10 days now, I know you lived here for a while, for several days last week, it hit 25c here.

I don't have a problem with "yo". I dont' know, its probally because i see it used, and i use it in real life. I dont understand how those 12 year olds can use the other abbreviations in real conversations.. It just sounds weird, walking down the halls at school and even the freshman are doing it!

Haha, i snapped on a freshman for that once... I don't know what they were talking about, but one of the guys there just started saying "Like O-M-G I Ca-" "God Da$% it just say 'OH MY GOD!' your a freshman not a 7 year old!"

loll i prefer to use proper grammar on forums (somewhat) including punctuation, and somewhat correct spelling. i consider the use of "loll" proper for a forum. the same goes for emailing, unless its an important person who I'm emailing there. i also try to use spell check in Firefox. but in IMing, i just let go and all my improper grammar comes out on the keyboard. sometimes i find my self typing IM language in documents, but that can be corrected by setting kno to know to change automatically and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom