User accounts

toole13

In Runtime
I know this is a simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm the only person who uses my computer, but I still get a screen to choose which user I want to use the computer. I don't want to have to do that, I just want it to load to my desktop. Any way to change it?

Yes there most certainly is..try clicking Start>>Run and type the following (without the quotation marks of course) "control userpasswords2"
THis will bring up a box, and at the top there will be a check box saying "Users Must enter a user name and password to use this computer"..Make sure thats unchecked, reboot and see if it's working.

Good Luck

Matt

If your using XP there is actually a tool you can use made by microsoft to help you here. Its called tweak XP. Its in a list of "powertoys" that you see if you do a search of "XP Powertoys" at www.microsoft.com Using this, you not only set it to load yours up automatically, but if you did happen to ahve a password, you chould enter it and still have your account load up when you turn on the computer.

[edit] found the link with all the "toys" for you. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx there's actually quite a few usefull things on there. I find the graphing calculator to come in handy at times, even if it is kinda hard to use.

Back
Top Bottom