Will A Low Hyper Transport Effect My Performance?

Drain You

In Runtime
Im trying to push my CPU to its limits and right now I have it at 2.6Ghz. Right now its HT is at 1040. Im trying to reach 2.7GHz but I think that will be to much for my motherbaord to handle because that will raise my HT to 1080. Now If I lower my HT multiplier to 3 instead of the 4 it is at now that would bring it down to 810mhz would that be bad having it so low? This ism y first overclock so any pointers would be great.

HTT will only affect performance if there is more than one socket, so in your situation, no performance drop.

ok another question now, I think ill stick at 2.6Ghz for my CPU but when I do this I have to lower my ram to 553 or whatever, which then brings it up to 650mhz. If I put the ram at 667mhz it would raise it up to like 860mhz, this causes my system to become unstable, is there any way for me to overclock my ram to be stable at 860mhz? (stock is 800mhz)

change latencies or more voltage. Just set your RAM at 5-5-5-15 and 2.0V and see if it will run.

put the timings at 5-5-5-15 like you said and raised the Voltages to 1.9 instead of 2.0 and its seems to be running fine, ill have to run some stability tests but so far so good

you rock ownage

The person that started this thread was talking about HTT speed which is HTT x HTT multiplier. The HTT multiplier isn't the cpu multipler to get the L2 cache speed. The HyperTransport bus speed is how fast each cpu package (chip) talk to each other, so in a single socket situation, there is no affect on changing that.

@Drain You, glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom