Is Alienware reliable?

rednotdead

Beta member
I have been seriously considering getting an Alienware gaming laptop. Generally, people seem to hold Alienware in high regard, talking about the cool look and massive power. However, after searching around online, I have found more than a few blogs and reviews detailing horror stories of people who bought Alienware and then encountered a plague of issues; from ordering problems to customer support and to reliability.

However, it seems that official reviewers like PCworld state the opposite, saying that Alienware performed "above average" in reliability and customer service.

I'm confused, does anyone know if Alienware really is to be avoided, or if the high number of complaints is simply due to anger of people paying great money for malfunctioning products?

Well Alienware is owned by Dell for starters.

I'd buy a nice Dell, Alienware seems to be over priced in my opinion. I cant say much though, never owned one.

Theres always going to be a few horror stories no matter where you buy from. Alienware builds solid computers, dont worry.

I just think Alienware is overrated. Maybe not laptop wise, but for desktop comuters. They are way overpriced.

Alienware is ment to be good, I never new they were owned by dell though and dell = poo poo in my opinion. Every story ive heard though has been good about alienware possibly because they make it loook good on the outside aswell as sticking good parts in, where as dell make it look pretty then put shit parts in.

Alienware is reliable, sure, I'll give them that much, they're overrated though and their PCs are overpriced like nothing else, honestly, you could get the same 2000 dollar PC from Alienware for half of that if you just built one yourself. The same goes with Voodoo computers.

Sorry if this has been said before, too lazy to read the above posts.

yeah they are reliable. i mean i doubt anyone on here has one personally but the computers are usually built using other companies parts such as corsair or nVidia so the reliability factor really relies on the company choice.

Alienware are pretty reputable for their line of performance PCs. Usually people that buy from them are hard core gamers. Poorly built Alienware's can result in overheating and crashes. If that's the case, it will occur well within the warranty time slot.

Aleinware is half and half for me. The lower end ones (below $2000) are crap. However the higher ones are decent. Ever sinice Dell bought them out their CS has gone down dramatically.

I do agree with some of the users above that their comptuers are over-priced.

u should buy asus instead. i used to be obsessed with alienware too but i found asus is just as good for cheaper. ur buying a laptop rite?

Back
Top Bottom