Help with finding wireless

Raytheon

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a program that can find wireless routers around my area. I just want to be sure there are some open before buying my wireless adapter.

Well, you need a wireless adapter before you can find wireless access points.. AnyWay, Unless you have permission, i think it's illegal.....

Ha ha its illegal, so i doubt your gonna get much help with that on here.

I'm looking for a program that can find wireless routers around my area. I just want to be sure there are some open before buying my wireless adapter.

Netstumbler is perfect for what he is trying to do. He is looking for *OPEN acess points.* all 3rd party applications are going to need a *wireless card/adapter* in the unit first before you can find an open access point.

But wait netstumbler only finds access points/doesnt capture data/traffic from the router/AP. SO this is no different than wireless zero config SERVICE for windows. ;)

If he's connecting to the network with aircrack,kismet,airsnort thats one thing. However, this guy I can promise you, if he sees a secure wireless network running WEP/WPA/WPA2/RADIUS/etc... he will leave it alone because he will not know what to do.

he doesnt want to buy one. and are u tryin to steal other ppl's bandwidth?

Doesnt want to buy one? Hmmm, Lets re-look at it in bold?

Steal bandwidth? Are you serious? LMFAO, Seriously, with how cheap broadband is these days lol?

PS If Im connecting to a wireless network its not for free bandwidth thats for sure. Cheers, 0x0161

Netstumbler which was posted below is what I recomend for finding wireless networks (Does not have ability to join, but lists very useful things such as Signal to Noise Ratio)

However connecting to any other computer network without authorization can be a jail sentence (3 years in Canada). Stealing other peoples wireless is illegal and can land you in prison. Not to mention sending your information across wireless networks can jeopardize your security (Your computer is far more vulnerable to attack from other people on the same network, and ANYONE within range will be able to read the information your sending across the internet, regardless of what firewall you have running on your computer).

Also another major problem is the quality of the signal, since it's likely going to be a weak signal, downloads may stop, games may constantly disconnect, and other assorted problems.

maybe he wants wireless when hes at the park or something lol. i can get loads of unsecure networks at my mums. they can be useful, not that i use them (much) ...

34dgahu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom