English pound passes the two dollar mark

dont americans make like twice as much though. besides if something costs 5$ in the states doesnt mean its going to cost 5 euros in the UK. it all balances out. besides i bet very few people can afford to travel to the uk in the first place and if they can they can afford the dollar to euro diference too

@rudster, just to point out that the UK doesnt use euros, we use the pound.:)(people can use euros, but it tends to be holiday makers who use them)

they're hard drives :D

and about the money thing, it doesn't affect me since I never buy anything from the UK so I guess it doesn't really matter...
Well, I've never heard HDD's called that before, my thoughts went to the 'raptors in Jurassic Park!!

I bet very few people can afford to travel to the UK.
Are you kidding???, they come over in droves!, Buckingham Palace is still the number one favourite, Scotland have a lot of American visitors too, trying to tracing their Scottish ancestors.
The general census is that there maybe a very small drop-off, but millions of US dollars will still be spent here each year, giving a big boost to our economy come one, come all!!

.... Scotland have a lot of American visitors too, trying to tracing their Scottish ancestors.
come one, come all!!

I remember my father talking to an American who said he thought he had Scottish roots, my father asked which clan he was from. 'Drevnik' came the reply, and my father told him he must feel honoured to be related to the famous Scottish bridge building brothers.
Anus, Angus and Penis McDrevnik...
Months later this guy was still telling his workmates he really came from a famous Scottish clan.

Im building a computer really soon...would it be cheaper to buy it from America than the UK...(live in England), I guess it would depend on how much i spend probably about £1000-£1200

Would be cheaper to come from America I would of thought, just the shipping would be abit pricy :p

Would be cheaper to come from America I would of thought, just the shipping would be abit pricy :p
Shipping isnt to bad TBH, i paid about $25 for a few raptors with DHL so i had them in a few days. You can spend that much on special delivery in the UK:p

yeah dollar has been going down for quite some time. I remember when we got euros 1 euro was like 0.9 dollars. Now (I think 5 years later) 1 euro is something like 1.35 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom