Jack thompson

Welcome back Jenox, never knew you were back before.

I'm not really back in a sense. My original account is banned, but I had to make a thread because I NEED opinions on something. And well, other forums wouldn't respond. So I decided to make a post here, and PM David asking to let me just sail out the thread to get the answers that I need. because the issue is life changing and well, there really isn't a better way to help make a decision when you've got 50+ people giving you opinions.

That is assuming Marc doesn't go gung-ho on me and ban me upon sight. But, don't get off-topic with me, PM me if need be. I'm here solely to get my answers then, pending on what David decides, either clean up my act and stay, or, be on my way.

That is assuming Marc doesn't go gung-ho on me and ban me upon sight. But, don't get off-topic with me, PM me if need be. I'm here solely to get my answers then, pending on what David decides, either clean up my act and stay, or, be on my way.
your thinking of Brookfield
and thanks for the links, thats awesome news, can't wait to hear responses!

And say what to the gun laws?

You cant buy one till you're 40?

No thats stupid.

I get what you're trying to convey, but be realistic here, what is something that the US could implement that would be effective? I'm 16 and I can obtain lots of guns. They are everywhere.

Something has to be done, yes. But the question isn't if something should be done or not. The question is what could be done that would actually work?

I mean that countries like the U.S. should completely make firearms designed for killing other people completely illegal and unavailable to civilians.

I mean that countries like the U.S. should completely make firearms designed for killing other people completely illegal and unavailable to civilians.
well guns can be the solution
***caution very radical, i dont support this theory, but it is a theory***
guns intimidate people. they intimidate people because someone can have power over another, no matter their race, creed, position in society, w/e. guns can make people do, whatever the owner wants. if two people have guns, it eliminates the standoff, because they are then even. so guns can be the solution if you look at it like this
guns = a +1
people w/o guns = -1
if everyone has guns, everyone is +1, putting it back at 0
okay well, i dont think thats a good idea, because if we just ended it like d88 said, then we wouldnt even have to worry about that backfiring, or any other problems that could come from it

Someone came up with a similar idea on another forum. I think we should test the theory on some small third world country.

that would cause a major issue to the sportsmen/women of america. That entire comunity would out-cry against the laws banning that, because that would also make our hunting rifles illegal. Yes, they are designed to kill deer, bear, or other game, but they can also be used to kill humans.

well guns can be the solution
***caution very radical, i dont support this theory, but it is a theory***
guns intimidate people. they intimidate people because someone can have power over another, no matter their race, creed, position in society, w/e. guns can make people do, whatever the owner wants. if two people have guns, it eliminates the standoff, because they are then even. so guns can be the solution if you look at it like this
guns = a +1
people w/o guns = -1
if everyone has guns, everyone is +1, putting it back at 0
okay well, i dont think thats a good idea, because if we just ended it like d88 said, then we wouldnt even have to worry about that backfiring, or any other problems that could come from it

I've actually belived that for awhile. Would someone mug someone else if there was a good chance that the other person was armed? The answer would be No. Not a normal criminal. A normal criminal would see the gun, pee himself, and run.

that would cause a major issue to the sportsmen/women of america. That entire comunity would out-cry against the laws banning that, because that would also make our hunting rifles illegal. Yes, they are designed to kill deer, bear, or other game, but they can also be used to kill humans..
yes, but, and god this is such a cliche, but w/e
guns don't kill people, crazy people with guns kill people. the answer is to maybee... psychoanylize (sp?) people before gun screening/bckgd check, i mean, there's a waiting period anyway, and if someone really wants a gun, they'd have no problem doing it. but then again, there are other ways to get guns.. but the Virginia Tech student got them legally

You know, a mental test (didn't wanna butcher any more words tonight) would be a great idea. A simple multiple chioce test could be administered to help determine if people are able to buy guns. However, that won't stop sane people from buying them for the insane. there is always going to be a loop-hole.

The best thing i can think of for total saftey is waht me and my dad do. He gave me a hunting rifle as a birthday gift a year or two ago. To keep anything from happening, only i know the code to the trigger lock, only he knows where the gun cabnet key is, and only i know where the ammo is. none of us cannot do anythign with out the other.

You know, a mental test (didn't wanna butcher any more words tonight) would be a great idea. A simple multiple chioce test could be administered to help determine if people are able to buy guns. However, that won't stop sane people from buying them for the insane. there is always going to be a loop-hole.

The best thing i can think of for total saftey is waht me and my dad do. He gave me a hunting rifle as a birthday gift a year or two ago. To keep anything from happening, only i know the code to the trigger lock, only he knows where the gun cabnet key is, and only i know where the ammo is. none of us cannot do anythign with out the other.

Good idea. I really like that.

But my point is, if it's not guns, then what else will people use? People will always look for a way to kill or injure someone, it's just human nature. If it's not guns, then, what's next?

Back
Top Bottom