Join the Marines? Need opinions PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i can see you in a marine uniform.

you should see the army recruiters around here tho.... they don't give up, even one on one over the phone.... My high school gave the army rectruiters my phone number. I've been called 3 times. Every time i say i'm not interested cuz i wanna be a software engineer, and they say "oh join the army we have networking! its the same thing!" next time they call, i'm pulling the "I'm gay, and you sound hott" line. I even told him when asked if he would be able to meet with me one on one in person, i told him that i was booked solid for three months (witch wasn't a compelete lie) and he was just like "how's next friday?".

Its nice to see that your taking this seriously and not just falling into their trap. Tel-com is good, you should be on base somewhere, i doubt they'd put you in the field, but even bases aren't entirely safe there. I can tell you know what you want. Make sure what you pick in the Marines is exactly that, if you join. Don't let them try to pull the same crap the did on me in my example above.

Yeah, i can see you in a marine uniform.

you should see the army recruiters around here tho.... they don't give up, even one on one over the phone.... My high school gave the army rectruiters my phone number. I've been called 3 times. Every time i say i'm not interested cuz i wanna be a software engineer, and they say "oh join the army we have networking! its the same thing!" next time they call, i'm pulling the "I'm gay, and you sound hott" line. I even told him when asked if he would be able to meet with me one on one in person, i told him that i was booked solid for three months (witch wasn't a compelete lie) and he was just like "how's next friday?".

Its nice to see that your taking this seriously and not just falling into their trap. Tel-com is good, you should be on base somewhere, i doubt they'd put you in the field, but even bases aren't entirely safe there. I can tell you know what you want. Make sure what you pick in the Marines is exactly that, if you join. Don't let them try to pull the same crap the did on me in my example above.

Well, I'm no push over, and no recruiter, marine or not, is going to make up MY mind and make MY decision for me. Nope. The choice is mine and mine alone, and I'll go in on MY terms, because it's my contract. Yes, it is their job to sell people, but, if the deal I want doesn't work out, I can always back out and join something else. Basically, the reason I want the Marines is for the professionalism, the badass status, the routine/scheduling, and plus, no one messes with a marine, that's a fact. :) I've had bigger more buff guys try hitting on my ex-g/fs, and well, given my size, can't really do anything. Part of my goal is to change that. :)

Well, I'm no push over, and no recruiter, marine or not, is going to make up MY mind and make MY decision for me. Nope. The choice is mine and mine alone, and I'll go in on MY terms, because it's my contract. Yes, it is their job to sell people, but, if the deal I want doesn't work out, I can always back out and join something else. Basically, the reason I want the Marines is for the professionalism, the badass status, the routine/scheduling, and plus, no one messes with a marine, that's a fact. :) I've had bigger more buff guys try hitting on my ex-g/fs, and well, given my size, can't really do anything. Part of my goal is to change that. :)

lol. Get buff like them by joining. Learn how to fight to. Don't let those people hit on you gf. lol

lol ten bucks says a ranger can kick a marine any day. but its good to see your head is in the right place. You see what is really going on, not the BS that is happening around you. If you do end up joining, that could save your life.

Semper-Phi

You join the Marines and you will become one of my heroes.....

I second that. Like i said in my first post, i could never do that. I have the highest respect for anyone that makes it through bootcamp.

lol ten bucks says a ranger can kick a marine any day. but its good to see your head is in the right place. You see what is really going on, not the BS that is happening around you. If you do end up joining, that could save your life.

Semper-Phi

lol. Well, where there's a Ranger there's a Force Recon, and those, are the most badass guys there is. :p

But yeah, I know what I want to do, it's just setting my mind on it and getting it done.

I would hate to be stationed in Iraq though. I know a few people over there, and well, they don't like it much, which is to be expected. Do you think the Democrats will pull the troops out in 08' or wait another 4 years? (please don't turn the question into a political outbreak, I'm just curious to know the likeliness of being stationed in Iraq 2 1/2 out of my 4 year contract)

I hope you do pursue the military. Do know your going to war though. The recruiters we have these days are VERY, VERY misleading stating that you will be put in the field you sign up for...This IS true, GIVEN there aren't any wars going on. So count on that. But it's the best thing, because the military can help you out in SOO many aspects when it comes to a career. I joined the Air Force for 4 years, and it had a huge impact on me becoming and getting into the Los Angeles Police Department...Good luck on your endeavors Jenox.

Well, if you are this unsure about doing it, why pick the Marines? There are a few other branches you know! I chose the Air Force; mainly because it runs in my family. The decision is ultimately up to you, of course. You're right, it's not going to be an easy choice, and it's not going to be an easy change at all, either. It is a lot harder the less you REALLY want to do it. Know what I mean? If it's something you really want to pursue, you'll get through it no problem. Basic training isn't as bad as you think, either. It's a *little* easier than on full metal jacket haha, enough of my babble. Bottom line: whichever branch you decide on, good luck, and be safe. HUA!
I'm taking this opportunity to welcome you to Computer Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom