Which way to go for sound?

Half Evil

Golden Master
I have a Sony 600W amp sitting on my desk and behind my monitor are two bose bookshelf speakers.

Sitting on the floor, I have a Dell 5.1 set up, and a Karmon-Hardon 2.1 set up.

My soundblaster live! 24bit went to shit, so my 5.1 are out of the question..

The 2.1 I can still put behind the monitor, and they will almost peak out under it cause those speakers are tiny! And id lay the sub down next to the monitor. It isnt a CRT so I'd be fine with that magnet..

So my question is, keep the amp and bose speakers here, or use the 2.1 set to get the bass.

To get the bass I sacrifice volume and to keep the volume i'm sacrificing my bass.

Here are some pics.

Just want to see what other people would do

Picture Album with PicTiger

I don't see how you are getting a sound difference if bass is used more than volume if your amp is 600 watts. It must be in the way you configured your speakers.

one little hint you can do to get more bass out of a speaker is to set the speaker to bouce off the wall, that will cause the bass to be amplified.

It just depends on how you want it. My subwoofer has an intergrated bass level set. I usually put it to 35-40% of the bass, so when I put volume up, the bass won't shake the floor.

I have a Sony 600W amp sitting on my desk and behind my monitor are two bose bookshelf speakers.

Sitting on the floor, I have a Dell 5.1 set up, and a Karmon-Hardon 2.1 set up.

My soundblaster live! 24bit went to shit, so my 5.1 are out of the question..

The 2.1 I can still put behind the monitor, and they will almost peak out under it cause those speakers are tiny! And id lay the sub down next to the monitor. It isnt a CRT so I'd be fine with that magnet..

So my question is, keep the amp and bose speakers here, or use the 2.1 set to get the bass.

To get the bass I sacrifice volume and to keep the volume i'm sacrificing my bass.

Here are some pics.

Just want to see what other people would do

Picture Album with PicTiger

holy crap u have the same mouse as me :p haha i see a lighter :p do u smoke?

Notice the candle above the amp on the shelf.

Well the reason I would get a difference is because the sub is tuned and ported for lower frequencies, where as the bose bookshelf speakers cant reproduce the sound levels because that is not what they are made for. The 2.1 pair has a specific low end response unit being the sub.

I'm just wondering if it is worth the trouble to move and change it all for a little bass?

i never have enough bass :D if i were you id put that woofer more in the open to allow the sound to evenly cary out the room rather than immediately hit the monitior. my setup is just a set of regular 2.1 speakers which really kick out the treble to equal the bass that i put out with my other set of 2.1 speakers with a woofer on em :D nice lil setup wish i had 5.1 but this works good until i go all out with a woofer bigger than my desktop :p

went to a lan party on friday and the guy who orginized(there was only like 7 of us with PC's) had 2 huge woofers at the rear of the small buiding and 2 hella nice speakers at his PC. it was a churnch building so we had to keep it down most of the night but in the morning he turned up so damn loud :D funny when it would get quite and the music stoped and he shot on COD2 it scared the shit outta everyone

funny when me and my bro were driving home in the MORNING so he was tired....uh oh! on one of the corners he shut his eyes :eek: i BARLEY got him up for him to make the turn. also one of the staight aways his ford exploer which spedometer only goes up to 85mph by the time i noticed he wasnt paying attetion even though his eyes were open we were going at least 100 probaly 110 HIM only driving for a month funny thing is right after i noticed he tried to floor it and the engine kinda over reved on hell of a weekend though cause when i got home i had to go to work

Back
Top Bottom