Join the Marines? Need opinions PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenox2

BSOD
Ok so I have been to a recruiter and all that stuff. it all seems fine and dandy, however, I have NO clue on what to do. Join the marines, or, not. I have no clue. I would be doing stuff with computers and stuff like that. Yes, I would go to Iraq. So, opinions please. Assuming you don't ban me right away, or contact me on AIM. I need MASS opinion and this was the first place I could think of that generates replies very quickly. I'll give more details if mods allow it. Anywho..contact info below.

Thank you tons in advance.

Address deleted, it is Computer Forums policy that for security purposes addresses cannot be displayed, this for your own protection.

Yeah I want to, it'll give me money for college, but, they want me to do the physical and ASVAB like...in three days. Which is why i contacted this place. I need opinions from people who have joined ANY form of the military. I just need advice on what to do. It's a life changing thing, so yeah, I want to make the best educated decision i can.

That and if I join, well, IDK I don't want to leave my girlfriend behind because, well, she's quite important to me. So, decisions decisions. But, thank you for the feedback.

See post 1

Well, if you are this unsure about doing it, why pick the Marines? There are a few other branches you know! I chose the Air Force; mainly because it runs in my family. The decision is ultimately up to you, of course. You're right, it's not going to be an easy choice, and it's not going to be an easy change at all, either. It is a lot harder the less you REALLY want to do it. Know what I mean? If it's something you really want to pursue, you'll get through it no problem. Basic training isn't as bad as you think, either. It's a *little* easier than on full metal jacket haha

Enough of my babble. Bottom line: whichever branch you decide on, good luck, and be safe. HUA!

I'd actually go into the Army. NOT INFANTRY.

Something more along the lines of engineer, or one of those GPS navigation guys for the missles and such. Haha I don't know what they are called.

Oh and as for the girlfriend, you're still only 18, plent of life ahead of you. And if you are as important to her, as she is to you, she'll be waiting when you come back.

Oh and as for the girlfriend, you're still only 18, plent of life ahead of you. And if you are as important to her, as she is to you, she'll be waiting when you come back.

That's what the recruiters told me...:p

But yeah, I think I'm going to go for it. I'll talk it over with my parents tonight.

Thats cause The Koby is the shit Hahaha

JK!
Anyways..

Any idea what exactly you will be doing?

Yeah something called data yada yada. I can't completely remember what it's called, but I do know that since the job is rare, because most marines aren't computer literate, that I get MASSIVE incentives for joining back up come the end of my four year active service. That and I get a sign on bonus. It's pretty cool. Basically, i want to know if this choice is worthwhile or not.

Figure out what you will be doing, where you will be going, for how long etc.

Figure out if the money you get for going to those places and doing those things there will be worth it. Talk you your parents get their opinion, and talk to your girlfriend to see if she can handle not seeing you for long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom