Building a Computer

Yeah, you should probably wait a bit and go for a cheaper card right now, or if you could wait a month (which I know would be absolute torture) ATIs R600 series will be making it's market debut on May 14th, which will give you a bunch of new cards to choose from, which should out perform nvidia's offers. I think you have the right idea though, hold off on the 8800GTS, patience is a virtue :D.

Thanks Kchi, you've been alot of help, one last thing - do you think the card I put up is a good one? I'll upgrade at a later date but for its money etc is that one good for the moment:)

Well, last time I checked British pounds are worth like two american dollars or something? If that's so, then yeah, that's an alright deal. Sorry, I can't be more precise, too lazy to check out exchange rates, the fall for someone living in the United States to be posting on a England based forum.

Just another bit of info that might make you wait for ATIs R600 release is that your motherboard supports CrossFire, which is a dual GPU configuration specifically designed for ATI products, so putting off the GPU for now and staying away from the 8800GTS is definitely a very good idea since nvidia needs SLI capable motherboards to work it's dual GPU configurations.

Back
Top Bottom