help >.<

n00bhunt3r

Solid State Member
I just bought a DVD burner and on the back there are two connectors that i don't know what to do with called the Digital audio connector and the Analog audio connector. It didn't come with any other cables to put in there. Do i need these cables? Where can i get these cables?

Heres a pic. of the DVD burner.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?Image=27-135-098-06.jpg%2c27-135-098-02.jpg%2c27-135-098-03.jpg%2c27-135-098-04.jpg%2c27-135-098-05.jpg&CurImage=27-135-098-03.jpg&Depa=1&Description=ASUS+Black+16X+DVD%2bR+8X+DVD%2bRW+8X+DVD%2bR+DL+16X+DVD-R+6X+DVD-RW+16X+DVD-ROM+48X+CD-R+32X+CD-RW+48X+CD-ROM+2M+Cache+E-IDE%2fATAPI+DVD+Burner+with+12X+DVD-RAM+Write%2c+LightScribe+Technology%2c+Include+Free+CD+Case+-+Retail
(The connectors are on the left)

This is also my first build >.<

Thx

They come with your mobo mate, there will be a connector on ya mobo somewhere aswell.

Nope, my mobo didn't come with one, and yes I looked -_-
Im guessing i need both cords =\

Could you give me a link to order one or something.

You only need it if your gonna listen to CDs on your computer. I dont know what country your in for a link to somewhere.

I always listen to CD's on my pc lol.

Im in germany but a american website would be nice, like newegg (i cant find any there but you might). (american army base in germany -_-)

thx again

Thats the thing tho, you havent had any problems in the past so why worry about the cable now. I dont know any german sites etc, just do a search online.

you don't need the two other cables, the ide cable transfers all the info you need.

as said, you don't actually need this unless you intend to use the actual play button on the front of the CD drive, (assuming that it even has a play button).

the cable should have come with the main board or sound card, basically it's an onboard line in that takes the audio data from the CD straight to the sound card without going through the IDE bus, but as I just said, this only matters if you're using the CD drive to play the CD rather than using software to read decode and play music.

The cord is intended to play your Music CDs without the hassle of opening a program.

Back
Top Bottom