New Build Won't Display anything....:(

hmm thats a tricky one.

and i built my 1st buil the ova week and my mobo was shortin out against the case and it was a real dissapointment as i thought i did something wrong

but by the sounds of it i wud say its the vid card as if the board was dead then i wudnt imagine it wud be sendin out signals to ur cpu fan etc

Went to the CPU store, the guy told me its the motherboard after inspecting it.

Can I take the CPU off without detaching it from the Heatsink and Fan? It came with the thermal tape or whatever and taking it apart would make me have to clean it and have a slight mess on my hands.

Shiping back to newegg tomorrow, ship the whole thing? Or just the video card for my RMA.

No, You have to take the Heat sink and fan off to take out the CPU.
Just send the MB back, take everything thats attached to it off.

Did you check your clear CMOS jumper.
I had a board that would not post, and the manual showed the wrong postion for the jumper (it showed it on the the clear instaed of normal)
Just a quick thing to check before the hassle of RMA

If the fans spins and all, his jumper is set right. Usually, the PC won't power on if it's on clear

I guess I need to buy some thermal grease then also? Since I have none and the thermal tape came with the fan.

That's optional. Iff the video card works on another machine and you PC doesn't beep, then your board is bad.

Went to the CPU store, the guy told me its the motherboard after inspecting it.

Can I take the CPU off without detaching it from the Heatsink and Fan? It came with the thermal tape or whatever and taking it apart would make me have to clean it and have a slight mess on my hands.

Shiping back to newegg tomorrow, ship the whole thing? Or just the video card for my RMA.
just return the Mobo, if that doesn't work then return the vid card.

Back
Top Bottom