Car Thread!

CVT's is a great technology. So efficient, yet so simple with fewer parts as compared to a 6-speed. Plus, CVT allows the engine to run at more optimum RPMs, both engine and tranny will last longer. I'm glad to see more and more cars with it. It's old technology, but now moving down to cars. I have a stupid standard transmission that has the ECT-i intelligence feature that supposedly, tries to reduce wear on the transmission and "learns" how I drive.

if you look closely along the side, you can see my patio fernature in the back yard reflected on it.

Editedback.jpg

Do you ever get that feeling that you're being watched??? looks real freaky at night..

EditedFront.jpg

eh, not much to say about this one... just me and helen (thats the jeep's name :cool: )

DSC000301.jpg

Nice set of wheels. That paint is in excellent shape for an older vehicle! Liquid black, looks like a mirror. Sometimes I wish my ride was black, but I've got a bigger soft spot for my bright blue. I've got a lot of swirls going on right now though. :(

midnight blue is the best. Its hard to belive its still so shiney... i waxed six months ago at the earliest. If anyone is wondering, yes, that is snow next to me in taht last picture. that was taken on sunday.....

CVT's is a great technology. So efficient, yet so simple with fewer parts as compared to a 6-speed. Plus, CVT allows the engine to run at more optimum RPMs, both engine and tranny will last longer. I'm glad to see more and more cars with it. It's old technology, but now moving down to cars. I have a stupid standard transmission that has the ECT-i intelligence feature that supposedly, tries to reduce wear on the transmission and "learns" how I drive.

It's still not as fun though.

Oh yeah, I managed to shift without the clutch for the first time today. It was amazing, went out of 3rd and into 4th really smooth. I tried it a second time, but I grinded a little bit, so I stopped lol.

^Yeah, lol, might not want to do that cause I had a friend who went through like 2 transmissions doing it. Does turn out great 1/4 mi times though.

Back
Top Bottom