Beeping sounds on comp

atomichybrid

In Runtime
well i had my computer for about 3 years and then a couple of days ago i booted my computer and it made this high pitched beep sound or squealing sound. then it doesnt boot windows. then i opened my comp to see if anything went wrong but i couldnt tell. so i booted again and this time it didnt make a beep sound it loaded windows but as soon as i got the login part it made that sound again but this time it made my computer a bit laggy, whenever i move my mouse it just stops for a second and moves again and the process is repeated again. so can anyone tell what's the problem with my comp?

Many thanks in advance.

Sounds like your memory is dodgy or your graphics card, run a memory testhttp://www.memtest86.com/

It's your BIOS beep codes. Look in your motherboards manual to see what the beeps mean.

i trust that my ram and graphic card are not dodgy but i've checked the motherboard manual and it doesnt say anything about the bios beeping sounds.

is there a way you could look online at the manufacturer's website for the codes? 99.9% of the time they are on there. If you need help looking for them, let us know the make and model of your motherboard and we can help you look.

what kind of problems could it possibly notify me?? im still struggling with the computer boot.i sometimes get in by some chance and sometimes i dont.

could be anything from failing/bad ram, mis-seated card (the card, be it RAM, video, sound or whatever just needs to be taken out and put back in) or even a bad motherboard.

There's a chance that your HDD is failing too.. I'd definitely check the manufacturer's website.

Back
Top Bottom