Jack thompson

Yeah, Dr. Phil said this too, so stupid, there isn't any evidence that the kid even played video games, I think the fact that he was on anti-depressants and writing screwed up stories about chainsaws and Rice Krispies warrants enough to show that he didn't require video games as a stimulus to do what he did. I'm pretty confident that this whole theory about violent games influencing the nation's youth has become a sort of a wife's tale though. Honestly if a kid goes on a rampage in school, it wasn't because he died a couple times in counterstrike the night before.

I posted that in Brookfield's thread about the VT massacre.

It's rather sickening how he's using that to push his anti-video game agenda even further. All he says is to create laws against violent video games and he can never come up with proof that video games do in fact turn us into mindless killing zombies (figuratively, not literally). Our Consititution and Bill of Rights is what makes America such a great country. Freedom of speech, religion and expression. Rockstar literally created the genre of open-world games when they released Grand Theft Auto III.

The problem isn't in video games, the problem is in parental responsibility.

It is the parent's job to filter out what their child can and cannot view, be it on television, video games, movies, or even music. It is the parent's responsibility to teach their children what is morally right and wrong. Until their kids are 18, the parents are the ones who need to make sure they know the choices they make in life will have moral and social consequences. Banning violent video games will not do anything to curb violence in America. There will always be violent TV shows, movies and even songs talking about violence. It is part of what makes us human, always has and always will be. Even if video games is what made VT gunman do what he did, video games should not be the only thing to blame. If you want something to blame, do it on American media and our profound love of violence. Not just video games.

The solution isn't in banning and preventing violence in video games.

It's in education, and moral and parental responsibility.

I posted that in Brookfield's thread about the VT massacre.

It's rather sickening how he's using that to push his anti-video game agenda even further. All he says is to create laws against violent video games and he can never come up with proof that video games do in fact turn us into mindless killing zombies (figuratively, not literally). Our Consititution and Bill of Rights is what makes America such a great country. Freedom of speech, religion and expression. Rockstar literally created the genre of open-world games when they released Grand Theft Auto III.

The problem isn't in video games, the problem is in parental responsibility.

It is the parent's job to filter out what their child can and cannot view, be it on television, video games, movies, or even music. It is the parent's responsibility to teach their children what is morally right and wrong. Until their kids are 18, the parents are the ones who need to make sure they know the choices they make in life will have moral and social consequences. Banning violent video games will not do anything to curb violence in America. There will always be violent TV shows, movies and even songs talking about violence. It is part of what makes us human, always has and always will be. Even if video games is what made VT gunman do what he did, video games should not be the only thing to blame. If you want something to blame, do it on American media and our profound love of violence. Not just video games.

The solution isn't in banning and preventing violence in video games.

It's in education, and moral and parental responsibility.
That's true. Jack Thompson really gets on my nerves.

Thats so stupid, and parents always listen to him, "cause he is on TV" and "cause he knows what hes talking about cause he is high up in government"

he's an idiot. He needs to get some knowledge on the subject such as some facts and statistics to help prove his point. He seems to just be running his mouth since he lacks evidence to help prove his point. You'd think someone with a job as high up as his would have something to do at work or something?

Thats so stupid, and parents always listen to him, "cause he is on TV" and "cause he knows what hes talking about cause he is high up in government"

Haha, I doubt my parents even know who he is. I guess thats what happens when you don't have cable.

Soon they're going to have surveys when you register a kid for school and one of the check boxes will be "I allow my child to play first person shooter games" or something along the lines and he's going to be separated and treated differently in classes so that he doesn't mass murder anyone because all games like that do is rot your mind into killing, /end sarcasm.

Basically all I play are fps games but yet i haven't shot anyone in real life except for those 2 times i played paintball but other that i don't play GTA SA then walk outside and steal a car or shoot a gun

Back
Top Bottom