Intel releases Penryn benchmark

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
wowow - yet another gr8 cpu coming out:D

Beijing (China) – Don't pretend you haven't been waiting for these numbers: Is Penryn really as good as Intel claims? As long as we have not reviewed the CPU in our labs, we can't say for sure. But if the chip is as capable as the benchmark results provided by Intel indicate, then it is clear that Intel has no intentions of handing the performance crown over to AMD.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31669/135/

Yep we should be seeing more of Penryn as soon as AMD unveils it's Barcelona core, that's 65nm architecture though while Penryn is using 45nm I think, so this'll be an interesting match up for Intel and AMD. Lots of exciting stuff happening between these two companies, I really want to see more of AMDs Torrenza, but that'll have to wait I suppose.

its not a "new" processor, its just a die shrink of Conroe with some tweaks here and there.

its not a "new" processor, its just a die shrink of Conroe with some tweaks here and there.

Yep, the next new processor from Intel would have to be.. Nehalem? That's gonna be a bit after AMDs Agena core though so we'll have to wait and see what these companies have to offer :D

Back
Top Bottom