Processor Not Booting

Just turn off the computer, and the powersupply(the switch), then remove the watch battery for about 1min. and replace it and that should do it.

I'm not taking out the battery though, i'm shorting it out with the CLR_CMOS jumper things. Do i unplug everything for that too?

Its upto you, it shouldnt make a difference, but it would be safer to unplug saying as your hands are gonna be in there.

got it :)

worked first time with the screwdriver.

thanks for all the help, you guys kick ass.

actually, nevermind. while now my procssor does boot, i crash a few seconds after turning on. any ideas?

wow, okay, i managed to get into bios and my processor was at 96, 98, 101, crash. why is it so hot?

all of my settings are down really really low, but i don't know what to change or anything to get it to stop running so hot. it shouldn't be heating up that quick when nothing's even happening...

Have you installed your heatsink and fan properly? Have you used a small amount of thermal compound?

they've been working before, don't think anything's changed with them...
it should be running COOLER now that my settings are lower...
i took the fan off and i can see the thermal compound, there's still some there, and the fan is running when it's on

i can't figure out what to do.

Back
Top Bottom