Washington State Law Change

Half Evil

Golden Master
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=46.37.390

(3) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the engine of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and it shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle not equipped as required by this subsection, or which has been amplified as prohibited by this subsection. A court may dismiss an infraction notice for a violation of this subsection if there is reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in violation of this subsection.

I'm in small town Chelan, and cops don't even look at me, so I think only big City's like Seattle will enforce this.

I'm not too worried, but still... I could get a ticket, because my car is really loud.

Oh so now if you replace your muffler with an aftermarket one, it can't be louder than the stock/OEM one? Interesting. I guess it's logical to enforce it, because it is rather annoying to hear cars with LOUD exhausts drive by when you're trying to have some peace and quiet.

But traffic isn't peace and quite.

I don't know, either way, me and a few people came to the conclusion that this is only going to be a big city issue, and the only way ill get a ticket is if a cop says "Damn, thats loud". Mine isn't that loud, so i'm good. I hope.

why enforce it on cars??? My backyard is on a busyish road and what really kills are motercycles and semi's... Honestly, i could care less about modded car mufflers. quiet the cycles and the Semi's then worry about the cars.

We have that rule here too. I think it's not permited to drive a car modified for racing.

What a load of crap, they are just making stuff up to get money from all the ricers and people who modify their cars.

i know i hate how many dumb laws there are here. tax on pop is total BS i thought pop was FOOD come one you buy at a GROCERY STORE not a sears lol. the thing is i ususally go through 4-5 cans every day :eek: when i have to pay for it myself ill be paying close to an extra 2-3$ a week dosent sound like much but that is 104-156$ a year

dont forget about gas tax either lucky i dont have to drive :D

Back
Top Bottom