Bootmgr?

superman22x

Golden Master
I took an old motherboard I had sitting around, and some other parts and built my friend a computer. It had been constructed before, but I had formated the HD on a different computer, but now when I boot it up, I only get a message saying, BOOTMGR missing. What should I do?

pop in you windows CD, press R for repair. After you type in your password type fixmbr

hope this helps

Nothing happens tho. I think I put a windows 95 cd in, idk if it is 95, lol. But no bios screen or anything. First thing after it says compaq, it says BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO RESTART and thats it, idk what to do, my friend who is getting it will bring over his ME cd tomorrow hopefully.

Maybe the BIOS is corrupt?? Cause if it isn't hitting Windows or anything after that it has to be the BIOS.

So what do I do than? I want to get this running for him, but dont want to have him spend money, cause I know he wont.

Nothing happens tho. I think I put a windows 95 cd in, idk if it is 95, lol. But no bios screen or anything. First thing after it says compaq, it says BOOTMGR MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO RESTART and thats it, idk what to do, my friend who is getting it will bring over his ME cd tomorrow hopefully.
What you using a windows 95 CD for? These arent bootable by the way.:) Wait till you get your friends disc, although why the hell you would wanna install ME is beyond me, its a complete POS. Have you not got XP lying around.:)
Maybe the BIOS is corrupt?? Cause if it isn't hitting Windows or anything after that it has to be the BIOS.
Hmm, if it was the BIOS it would get as far as its getting.

Well, it has 256mbs of pc100 Ram I think, an athlon 1600+, a 13gb HD, and I think XP would run like a POS on that, lol. But ME wouldn't. Its all he has from his moms computer, and I think it would run better than XP on that corect?

Back
Top Bottom