WWII Movies

Shit happens in war. The atomic bomb was an instrument of war and it was rightly used as one. The Japanese did do cruel inhumane acts like the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking, but don't think that the Allied forces were that holy either. The US Air Force and the Bombing of Dresden? The Japanese-American Internment Camps? Not many people recall them, mainly because what the Axis did overshadowed it, but it just showed that both sides weren't free from their own atrocities and poor acts of judgement.

Shit happens in war. The atomic bomb was an instrument of war and it was rightly used as one. The Japanese did do cruel inhumane acts like the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking, but don't think that the Allied forces were that holy either. The US Air Force and the Bombing of Dresden? The Japanese-American Internment Camps? Not many people recall them, mainly because what the Axis did overshadowed it, but it just showed that both sides weren't free from their own atrocities and poor acts of judgement.

True Dat.

The US Air Force and the Bombing of Dresden
That was ghastly, actually it was carried out by 700 odd British & around 500 American bombers they flew over Dresden two days running, creating what was called a firestorm, killing over 35,000, a great number of which were civilians, men women & children, the searing heat killing them as they ran, it was a beautiful city, full of architectural masterpieces which finished up as rubble, not a time to be proud of.

Alnino hit this one on the head. Back to topic though, i think what really makes a movie popular for any war, for any side of it (loser's side or winners side) all depends on how its spun.... its just like the media...

That was ghastly, actually it was carried out by 700 odd British & around 500 American bombers they flew over Dresden two days running, creating what was called a firestorm, killing over 35,000, a great number of which were civilians, men women & children, the searing heat killing them as they ran, it was a beautiful city, full of architectural masterpieces which finished up as rubble, not a time to be proud of.
Yeah, I read that firestorms create their own little weather system. So there are huge wind gusts and lightning created by the firestorms all over the city. More people died in Dresden than either one of the atomic bomb attacks.

They probably feel the same way we do when people create Vietnam movies. They are probably ok with it. I think it would be different if we were still at war with them. We eased things up with them and they might enjoy the fact that they are amazing movies.

Well all the Vietnam War movies I've seen mostly portray how gruesome it was, not how "barbaric" the Viet Cong were.

Just watched flags of our fathers and i agree with arrizx its a good movie with a nice story, one to watch!!!

Back
Top Bottom