limewire is annoying

Hmmm, can you post proof of this, sounds like complete BS to me lol.

I agree with Raffaz. If this was the case wouldnt this violate offenses against *intellectual property* act and/or offenses against computer equipment or supplies act?
Also, I don't see where/how it can mess up your optical drive either.

Hmmm, can you post proof of this, sounds like complete BS to me lol.

I agree with Raffaz. If this was the case wouldnt this violate offenses against *intellectual property* and/or offenses against computer equipment or supplies act(s)?

I agree with Raffaz. If this was the case wouldnt this violate offenses against *intellectual property* and/or offenses against computer equipment or supplies act(s)?

i believe locking the optical drive is possible as a friend of mine had a script where it would open the optical drive , and for a joke he put it on a cd then made an autorun.ini then when the person inserted the disk it would eject autoomatically , so i believe it would be possible for them to lock up your optical drive but i am unsure about the other stuff

i believe locking the optical drive is possible as a friend of mine had a script where it would open the optical drive , and for a joke he put it on a cd then made an autorun.ini then when the person inserted the disk it would eject autoomatically , so i believe it would be possible for them to lock up your optical drive but i am unsure about the other stuff

When I stated that I don't see how microsoft or DRM could for that matter. Meaning, oh you used a P2P network like Limewire so microsoft has the right to mess up your optical drive, is my point. If a persons optical drive no longer plays music, dvds, games and cannot burn disks etc thats more on the *end user* fault, not mircosoft or DRM.

It would be possible to screw your drive up, by altering the firmware on it, i doubt this could happen without you knowing tho. And i very much doubt that MS could get away with it, there are to many impications by doing this. MS would have lawsuits coming out their ar*es if they tried.:)

AACS. Apparently a HD-DVD can carry a blacklist which will prevent it being played by certain hardware. In the case of computer drives this would have to be generic, so is unlikely to be used.

This doesn't actually do anything to the drive, which would work normally and continue to play pre-blacklist HD-DVDs. Props go to Nihil

It would be possible to screw your drive up, by altering the firmware on it, i doubt this could happen without you knowing tho. And i very much doubt that MS could get away with it, there are to many impications by doing this. MS would have lawsuits coming out their ar*es if they tried.:)

i was only saying it was possible , i doubt they would get away with it as you quite nicely put it they would have lawsuits where there wasnt meant to be lawsuits , also how would they detect the use of limewire downloaded music as you could be using limewire for legal uses and knowing ms they would screw up and your computer even if you where not using limewire

AACS. Apparently a HD-DVD can carry a blacklist which will prevent it being played by certain hardware. In the case of computer drives this would have to be generic, so is unlikely to be used.

This doesn't actually do anything to the drive, which would work normally and continue to play pre-blacklist HD-DVDs. Props go to Nihil
Seems like a good idea in theory, but im sure this could be beaten by a firmware update or something. It doesnt matter what MS do, there is always gonna be people smarter who will beat the system.:D

Back
Top Bottom