im upgrading to vista, nervous.

juiceranch

BSOD
im gona do a clean install of vista, and im getting nervous about it because theres so much talk about needing at least c2d's and 4gb ram to run it smoothly mainly because i play counterstrike: source and my computer is quite basic, well here it is,

2ghz unocore
1gb
160gb
128mb gpu
640mb + 128mb boost

should i upgrade anything?
big thanks to shawn_selig29, hookin me up with vista. ima have to rank him once the deal goes through.

so staying on topic, do i need to upgrade anything anytime soon cus i really want vista and im gettin it and i dont want extra cd keys layin around so i gotta use em.

Not neccessary but sometime in the future purchase more ram. A gig is good. However, the more ram you have the faster your programs and applications will load/run.

Nice little setup. I heard vista is a pain in the ass, always asking for permission/passwords/authentication etc...

You dont say what your graphics card is, 128mb for graphics isnt very good, especially if your wanting to run AERO. You should download the vista compatability check from MS and run that, it will tell you any potential problems.

Yeah, you should download the Upgrade Advisor. I don't know much about games, but all I can tell you is I have 1GB of RAM (see other specs in sig) and I can play World of Warcraft fine on Vista... but I have to have it on the lowest settings (or medium sometimes), if that helps.

You dont say what your graphics card is, 128mb for graphics isnt very good, especially if your wanting to run AERO. You should download the vista compatability check from MS and run that, it will tell you any potential problems.
radeon 9200 pro

i downloaded the advisor, everything checked out ok but u kno how everyone is trashtalking vista how the minumum specs to run smooth are 8gb.
i just dont want mine to slow because then theres no way to undo it because i dont want to upgrade im doing clean install.

Ive never seen 8gb quoted anywhere, im running it fine on 2gb, i think your card will struggle with vista, and the sempron isnt gonna do it justice either.

Ive never seen 8gb quoted anywhere, im running it fine on 2gb, i think your card will struggle with vista, and the sempron isnt gonna do it justice either.

i agree,i have that card and it said that i could not run the AERO Interface because of that.

i have a crappy intel gma 945 128mb card and it runs aero fine. in fact my laptop runs vista fine. if you are going to game id suggest 2gb and a graphics card upgrade as the minimum upgrade.

i believe the whole 8Gb thing was down to my shoddy math

dnt be fooled by that my point was simply you CAN run vista fine with 1 or 2GB RAM but there will only be a certain amount you can do on that after loading security and opening a few programs its gonna slow i wud recomend 4 Gb for very very good running of vista

and finally my point in the other thread i wud reccomend 8Gb for absolutely perfect windows vista running but that wud allow you to do absolutely n e thing you wanted and wen you wanted with no delay which u may experience with only 1 or 2 GB

but for general vista running and a game or 2, 2Gb RAM shud be fine

Back
Top Bottom