PM mailbox limit

We have ours set to a small number for the members and a lot for the mods and admins. The more you have the more server space you burn up.
But to the time limit. I side with David on this. The bots can be a real pain sometimes and you have to trade off bells and whistles to keep them out or under control. If you guys need to have a real time chat with some one get them on msn or yahoo. Heck even gmail has gchat.

its just a pian when i was pm'ing ace yesterday as he only has yahoo and i only have msn and i couldnt be arsed with emails. i see the point about the bot though. it would be cool to have a shorter limit but i dont see it as a big problem

its just a pian when i was pm'ing ace yesterday as he only has yahoo and i only have msn and i couldnt be arsed with emails. i see the point about the bot though. it would be cool to have a shorter limit but i dont see it as a big problem

Yahoo and MSN are cross compatible these days......

**And on a side note, why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??

Why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??
I get that sometimes, it's puzzling, oh, by the way, I got a white screen yet again, when tried to reply to this post [David please note!]

Yahoo and MSN are cross compatible these days......

**And on a side note, why when I tried to quote the message did it keep coming up the message is too short, please use more then 1 character??
true, but i tried that once and it just didnt work. its just nice to talk through pm. oh a side note, the forums are loading up damn slow today

true, but i tried that once and it just didnt work. its just nice to talk through pm. oh a side note, the forums are loading up damn slow today

Yeah it can be a bit tempermental, you have to make sure that both people have the most up to date versions of each messenger, but I know that some of the people that I talk to have also not got my messages.....

Well, if the user could have a report button, tracking those bots would be easier. At least 2 mins could be great. Also, if you want bots out of the forum, then I'd consider registration that requires a randomly generated code to be placed in. Especially for RGF and ServerTalk.

Back
Top Bottom