Processor Not Booting

Momokogo

Baseband Member
I increased the speed on my processor in bios, from 300 to 400, and now when I press the power button on my computer, the video card and case fans spin, the processor fan twitches but doesn't actually start spinning, and then it dies. It just keeps trying like this over and over. I've heard about a button on the mobo you can press to reset the "cosmos" but i don't have any idea what that means or how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to reset the CMOS, not cosmos :) There will be either a jumper or a button on the mobo near the battery.

Haha, cmos, cosmos, what's the difference?

Okay, sorry for being thick, but what exactly should the jumper look like? I see the label on my motherboard, but shouldn't it be two pins sticking up?

Nevermind, i see the two pins. I just need to put one of those little black things over them to short it out? Do i power up after its on, or what?

Na, dont power up, just put a jumper on and leave it for a min, then remove it and start the computer. It will probably give you an error if its worked and tell you to press F1, then just go into the BIOS and set your time etc again.

Just take one off your HDD or CD drive and replace it back afterwards, you could even use a screwdriver or something, as long as you short it for a min or so.

Alright, i'll just grab one off a hard drive.

I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for the help.

I've heard about a button on the mobo you can press to reset the "cosmos" but i don't have any idea what that means or how to do it.

Resetting the "cosmos"?? That's something best left to God, if you don't mind me saying.

If ye be wanting to reset yer CMOS, aye, that be a differing matter me biatch.

Back
Top Bottom