D drive is not formatted would u like to format it now?

nick_w

In Runtime
hi i cant get into my D drive (hard drive) it says D drive is not formatted would u like to format it now? like it says for the floppy discs drive. i cant get into it how can i get into my hard drive.

Im running windows xp pro sp1

fist off, get SP2. if that is not your primary drive, then you will want to format it, but if it keeps doing that, you might have a problem with the drive.

if i format D i lose everything like 150 gig of stuff, is there a way i can work around it? currently windows xp is running on C drive D drive is personal stuff like movis music photos etc etc

i think your drive is prob corrupted. If you really need to save the stuff inside, your best bet is to try connecting it as a slave to another comp or via a portable HDD connector. It might just work..... o/w you really don't have a choice, sorry.

if the drive isn't formatted then there shouldn't be anything. But if there is then there must be something wrong with the drive.

Whats it say about the drive in disk management (in admin tools)? You can check the drive with diagnostic software from the HDD manufacturers website. If it is dead then you could try running a data recovery program like getdataback.

Back
Top Bottom