My new piece of technology

I assume eVGA since that's what we both use and haven't had any problems with. But I'm not sure...

Yeah, I ordered the cheapest 320MB eVGA one, supposed to be getting here on Thursday. And (mainly towards D-Lew) its dual-slot cooler means even more exhaust... :eek:

And I'd think in the 8000's range, quite possibly higher, is what you could expect from these in 3dmark. I don't really pay too much attention to it though, as long as it can run the latest games fairly well. :p I'm looking forward to overclocking this monster. :D

Wait, dual slot card or dual slot cooler? That would be one massive cooler!
We need to install it into my machine next time you come up and play with it on the M2N-32.

Dang, you've got like 250cfm just going out now, don't you?

Oops, whatever. 2 slots total, one dedicated for the cooler. They do have some 3-slot cards, the AGP X1950XT's, I believe. That's a ton of real estate for a graphics card.

And it's only 180cfm... :p

Holy crap, Batman! It just like quintuple posted what I just said, then I edited the post and it all disappeared...

Did you actually calculate that based on all your fans? I can do math, too!

(Off Topic Alert, trying to make myself smarter than my brother)
I took that turn in Auburn going 65mph last night, got bored today and started crunching numbers. I did unit conversions to metric, measured the radius of the turn on Google Earth, then plugged into some formulas to find the radial acceleration of the car. It was somewhere around 10.6 meters per second squared which equates to 1.08 G's. Pretty awesome stuff. I is good at math. [/off topic]

Anyway, is that really correct, 180 cfm? That's nasty.

Did you actually calculate that based on all your fans? I can do math, too!

(Off Topic Alert, trying to make myself smarter than my brother)
I took that turn in Auburn going 65mph last night, got bored today and started crunching numbers. I did unit conversions to metric, measured the radius of the turn on Google Earth, then plugged into some formulas to find the radial acceleration of the car. It was somewhere around 10.6 meters per second squared which equates to 1.08 G's. Pretty awesome stuff. I is good at math. [/off topic]

Anyway, is that really correct, 180 cfm? That's nasty.

Haha, if I could only find something useful to do with numbers right now... It's probably a little less the 180cfm, that's just the total of what each fan is rated at. Plus, some of them are sucking from the same area, so it's obviously going to be a little less. I'd guess it's more around 150...

[even more off topic, to my brother]
I've got another Geometry comp. next week on Friday. I think it's time we build a trophy room. :D I'll be better eventually, give me time. :p

I'm off to finish my history...gotta type a 3 page essay...:(
[/off topic]

What do you think my score will be guys about 8k-9k on 3dmark?

with my rig, un oc'd i'm pushing 9k... so i'll let you translate that to the specs of your system, since i don't know how your proc and RAM stack up.

with my rig, un oc'd i'm pushing 9k... so i'll let you translate that to the specs of your system, since i don't know how your proc and RAM stack up.

The only difference will be that you have 640mb on your GTS and that yours is an e6600 and mine an e6400 :D

The only difference will be that you have 640mb on your GTS and that yours is an e6600 and mine an e6400 :D

right, but who really knows how much of a difference that will make in 3dmark. My ram timing might have a small effect too... incase your wondering, they are 4-4-4-12. Did you register the card for the lifetime warranty?

Back
Top Bottom