Bios Problem?

powerslave1

Solid State Member
Hey guys, Im new here, but I really need some info or advice or something cuz this is confusing me.

I just built a new system yesterday. Installed windows fine and everything, got things running. However, sometimes when I restart, or turn on the system, the computer loads up the screen with the motherboard picture, and says press delete to enter setup, and sometimes freezes on this screen. Sometimes when it gets to this screen it reboots itself, and then trys again and successfully loads windows.. and other times, it gets caught in a continuous boot. Im really confused as to why. If it freezes, or gets stuck in a continuous boot, if i power down the system once or twice, and turn it back on, it will usually work and load windows. Any ideas to whats causing this? im going insane! thank you.

It could be anything if you have just built it, you could check you memory settings to see if your fsb is set right, i just tried overclocking my cpu by upping the fsb by 10 it ran fine for a day or two then it started rebooting and crashing, which is very simular to you, so you could try that.

It could be anything if you have just built it, you could check you memory settings to see if your fsb is set right, i just tried overclocking my cpu by upping the fsb by 10 it ran fine for a day or two then it started rebooting and crashing, which is very simular to you, so you could try that.

Sorry, im gunna sound like a total rookie for saying this.. which im really not.. but anyways.. what does fsb stand for? If that has to do with overclocking, I dont know how to overclock, and have never tried, so i havent changed anything in the bios in that aspect.

Sorry, im gunna sound like a total rookie for saying this.. which im really not.. but anyways.. what does fsb stand for?

I think it stands for front side bus, if you go into your bios, then in miscellaneous you should see you ram timing speed ,check its set to the right spec of you motherboard and ram it will be something like 133 or 266 or 400, mines 133 but my motherboard is ancient. when you've found it write it down then check you ram to see if its the right speed. i think it will be because windows usually configures it itself when you first put it in and start up.

I think it stands for front side bus, if you go into your bios, then in miscellaneous you should see you ram timing speed ,check its set to the right spec of you motherboard and ram it will be something like 133 or 266 or 400, mines 133 but my motherboard is ancient. when you've found it write it down then check you ram to see if its the right speed. i think it will be because windows usually configures it itself when you first put it in and start up.

Thanks, I'll check it out

how your system temparature, if its rebooting and freezing alot it could be over heating, you may need some more fans.
Im limited to how i can help you here so im giving you the very basics, if it is running hot check your cpu fan is working.

how your system temparature, if its rebooting and freezing alot it could be over heating, you may need some more fans.
Im limited to how i can help you here so im giving you the very basics, if it is running hot check your cpu fan is working.

Temp after running for about an hour on the cpu is 43 degrees celcius. Mobo temp is only 35. i think its ok What should AMD cpu's be at?

Back
Top Bottom