Is my processor outdated now lol?

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
Well I bought the amd 4800x2 Socket 939 a few months ago when the prices dropped by half. I was so excited when I got it but now it seems like its that great when you look at all these new AM2 processors? Is mine average? or like better then the average PC lol
:confused:

it dosent matter how it compares to other computers or how "up to date" it is all that matters is that it does the job you want it to perfectly well

I have the 4200+X2 in the am2 version and I couldn't be anymore happier.

It rocks dude!

If everyone says the Core2Duo's are faster then they must be lightening, mine does everything instant.

4800 x2 socket 939 should be equivalent to now's 4800 AM2's Brisbane. Just not able to use DDR2 RAM.

I have a Windsor core.

I never really knew to much about cores..is Windsors good? lol

i'm still using my single core P4 1.8A chip o/c to 2.3ghz.... works fine for me. But will be upgrading to dual core soon as my mobo is dying soon.... :(

Yeah, it all depends on what works for you. I don't need all high end parts. Your proc will always be outdated within a year at the most.

I say a computer is fine for you if it does everything you want and it suits you. I'm still using a Pentium 4 630 running at 3.0GHZ and it does everything I want and I think it's decently fast. It's not as fast as yours or a core 2 or something dual core but for what I use it for it generally does a good job with no trouble.

lol that's nothing dude, i run an old school Athlon64 3500+ with a clawhammer core. Still does the job pretty good though.

Back
Top Bottom