Ram question

DDR2 is double data rate which means it cycles the memory twice. It is faster than SDram. This is also the reason why DDR2 normally comes in pairs. You need to put them in the same colored ram slots to run dual channel to get the effective 800mhz. If you only had 1 stick it would run at half the rate or 400mhz.

It's DDR2. I've seen it before, but I have no idea what it means. If you're not sure check the latency (PC2 XXXX). It will have the 2 after PC if it's DDR2.

Also, something a little unrelated, I heard vista includes a feature that can use a compatible flash or thumb drive as extra system RAM. If this is true what is it called so I can do some research. I can see 12g of RAM for under $100, if this is true.

Flash is too slow to be used as ram. But some harddrive makers are starting to add a flash memory for a cache built in to the drive. It holds the prefetch.
As for vista making use of flash as random access memory, better take a second look at that.
And jacking some ones thread won't make you popular around here. It's poor forum etiquette.

So for the link I posted why does it say SDRAM on it if it's DDR2?

What's your guys' opinion on this ram? Pretty fast? Good quality?

Back
Top Bottom