Pressing the back button taking ages

waldofourgirls

Baseband Member
Hi guys, I have a 600MHz & 640MB ram, with XP 2002 pro service pack 1, the problem is when I in my mail or even in the computer forum, the machine takes up to 30sec to go back to my origional mail, the down load attachment down L in seconds, but going back is taking to long, I have b/band, what is the problem?

When's the last time you clean out all the junk in the system?
Get these and run them till they find nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ad-aware/?142

If there's a lot of useless files on your system then it can slow things down. I found using IE7 and it's built in clean up system helps a lot. Defragging is a must.
And last but not least, every once in a while unplug your modem and router. Wait a couple of minutes then plug in the modem followed by the router a couple of minutes later. Reboot your system and go from there.

Oh and you might want to download SP2 for xp. BUT make darn sure your system is squeaky clean or it turns in to a royal nightmare.

Thank's I'll try that, I do ccleaner and ad-aware, they usually pick tracking things, I've installed SP2 but removed it, because I think it slowed my maching down, back using SP1, will try doing all these tiip's thanks and I'll let you know.

first,
you need to remove all your background programs that are currently running.

check out this page here on how to do that:
http://homecomputerrepairbasics.blogspot.com/2007/04/now-lets-get-it-started-in-here.html

After you do that you should run a full scan using two programs, Adaware and Spybot. They are very strait forward programs, update completely and run.

After that make sure you restart, then make sure you have no remnants of any anti virus software, come here and ask us to be sure if you are not.

then install a program called AVG antivirus, update and do a full scan.

then get an internet browsing program called mozilla firefox and use that as your default internet browser.

All of the above programs can be found at download.com.

do all that then come back, and further removal strategies will have to be taken. but good luck and remember computer repair is only a few clicks away :)

i'm not fond of Fire fox myself. I use IE7 and like setishock said, it has real nice built in junk cleaners.

I wanna make sure you did the defrag like seti suggested. Also, if there are any programs still installed on your comptuer that you do not use anymore (old games for example) uninstall them. They are doing you no good sitting on your hard drive anymore. When you've uninstalled everything, re-run the diskcleaner that Seti gave you then do another defrag.

The only big problem with IE7 is that if it was upgraded from an IE6.x with errors, then further problems are immanent. Having said that, you would have to uninstall ie 7 completely, and then re install it if you wanted to use it that bad.

I have come across many bad upgrades of ie 7 where uninstalling it was the only viable option.

I have only seen one comptuer have problems with IE7 out of easily 200 (between home and work) and it is only my parents comptuer that IE7 does not agree with.

but getting back to topic at any rate, i doubt simply changing internet browser will fix the problem.

Thank's all, I'am a real dummy, I thought IE7 had something to do with IRQ interrupts requests, IE7 is something I haven't done yet in setishock suggestions thread, by the way, what is IE7 and where can I find it, thanks w4girls.

IE7 is internet explorer 7 you can download it from microsofts website, providing your xp is legit (it will do checks before download)

Back
Top Bottom