20 killed at university [BBC news]

Yeah well if I wanted to get anger out, I would play some games or punch my pillows. :rolleyes: What the hell is wrong with society these days...

i dont understand death row. how is it decided when the person gets executed?

I don't see the point in it. The people sit there for long periods of time, sometimes in excess of 20 or 30 years waiting for appeals and what's sad is they live better than some average hardworking citizens in the US. Look at Scott Peterson, he's on death row and has his own computer with internet access, a lot of people out there don't even have computers.

I think this shooting was horrific. I was completely taken by shock when I heard about it. I remember hearing about columbine and thought that was awful, I never thought there could ever be a worse shooting than that. I feel sorry for all the families and relatives of the people who were killed. If the killer wanted to kill himself, he should have done it without taking 33 other people with him, that's a selfish act in my opinion

troy272 said:
I don't see the point in it.

What if you were on death row and convicted for a capital crime when you were really innocent? Would you like to take your time so that maybe someone finds out the truth?

Remember, it's better for the guilty man to go free than it is for the innocent man to be punished (especially by execution). It's necessary to make sure.

What if you were on death row and convicted for a capital crime when you were really innocent? Would you like to take your time so that maybe someone finds out the truth?

Remember, it's better for the guilty man to go free than it is for the innocent man to be punished (especially by execution). It's necessary to make sure.

I don't see the point in it. The people sit there for long periods of time, sometimes in excess of 20 or 30 years waiting for appeals and what's sad is they live better than some average hardworking citizens in the US. Look at Scott Peterson, he's on death row and has his own computer with internet access, a lot of people out there don't even have computers.

I think this shooting was horrific. I was completely taken by shock when I heard about it. I remember hearing about columbine and thought that was awful, I never thought there could ever be a worse shooting than that. I feel sorry for all the families and relatives of the people who were killed. If the killer wanted to kill himself, he should have done it without taking 33 other people with him, that's a selfish act in my opinion

That's why theres two points to this whole argument. Some say that it's just a waste of taxpayer's money and some say that there could be a possibility that they are innocent. Just depends on your personal beliefs.

It's actually 33 people died including the gunman totaling nearing 50 people that fell victim. That makes this the worse gun shooting in US history.

Sad thing is there was one shooting before the other, yet it didnt ring any alarm bells to evacuate anyone, very sad story.

Back
Top Bottom