Might get new motherboard

Newegg is down right now so I can't see it. But from what you have in your sig is what you plan on using for Vista, it should work just fine. Get a video card too.

Yeah, I'm thinking, a 8600gts or save for 8900gs, but will I have to do much to install? I know mobos arent too easy but otherthan bios, no software changes correct?

Those video cards will run great with Vista. If you are already running Vista now without any problems with your current software, you should be ok. You'll just have to install the new motherboard drivers and whatever drivers you're using now for Vista.

Ok, good. I wont be buying both 8900gs at the same time, but one now, one in 6 months probably. By now, I mean, once I get some more cash and the job at the local golf course, lol.

Yeah good price, better than my 570. IS 8x and 8x SLI good? Or will I notice a big difference between full 16x SLI?

I'm not sure if you'll see any difference between 8x and 16x, but I would imagine that 16x would perform better.

I believe you will need to do a reinstall of Vista when you swap out motherboards. Or at least a repair install if there is that option in Vista.

Yes there is that option, I'll see what it wants when It happens. I made different partitions for programs and vista. Would I need to reinstall the programs that are on a different partition if I reinstall?

Yea, you'll need to reinstall all your programs, as their registry entries will be overwritten when you reinstall Vista. A repair install should leave all those intact if it works the same way as XP.

Back
Top Bottom