Haha, Windows XP is phasing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was old style clock speed it has all changed with the new dual core cpu the clock speed is not the same i think u will find i dnt know exactly but a 2.4 Ghz C2D is prob runnin at atleast 4.5Ghz in terms of normal single core processors so...

Windows XP to be phased out by year's end despite customer demand
http://apcmag.com/5835/vendors_in_no_rush_to_ditch_xp_for_vista

Computer makers have been told they'll no longer be able to get Windows XP OEM by the end of this year, despite consumer resistance to Vista and its compatibility problems.

By early 2008, Microsoft's contracts with computer makers will require companies to only sell Vista-loaded machines. "The OEM version of XP Professional goes next January," said Frank Luburic, senior ThinkPad product manager for Lenovo. "At that point, they'll have no choice."

its the only way microsoft will sell vista :D

Honestly, if consumers would open their eyes, they'd see what a good pice of software Vista truely is. 99.9% of the problems that currently exist are driver related.

Microsoft shouldn't need to force this onto customers.

Its not sad what they are doing with XP however it is sad that to upgrade to vista, most people will need to buy new computer parts.

I have vista on my system, the only thing slow is video playback and some games just because I don't have enough ram

this is what ra, usage like after boot eith only winamp and ie running
its a lil high

It may be phasing out like the old game consoles, but it will remain widely used at home for video games and music buffs like m-wah.

Is the evolution of Microsoft's business model really that amusing? They're phasing out a product, so what?

Is the evolution of Microsoft's business model really that amusing? They're phasing out a product, so what?

It happens. At least there's still plenty of time to stick with XP until the vista bugs are sorted. I thought microsoft was going to do some extremely stupid move and phase it out this year or something.

Back
Top Bottom