Long Live Windows Xp

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok here goes i have a vista laptop and desktop pc

and the desktop has c2d processor 2 gb ram and 512 nvidia graphics card and it will jus bout run it smoothly im not sayin u cnt run it on lower spec im just sayin that on my laptop

celeron M 1Gb ram and 128 shared graphics every game / program that is a little thirsty on resources cant close smoothly always stops respondin

so lets do some maths

minimum spec for windows xp :

300Mhz Processor or higher
128Mb RAM

now xp did NOT run good on that spec infact it didnt run absolutely seemlessly until i had a pentium D processor 2.8Ghz with 1Gb RAM so following numbers

128 256 512 1024 thats 8 X the minimum RAM

and 300 600 1200 1400 2800 9 X the minimum Processor Speed so..

Vista Premium Minimum Spec

1000Mhz Processor
1024Mb RAM

so according to my analysations (poor Spelling) then to run vista seemlesly you will need

Minimum Ram Will Then be 8 * 1024 = 8192Mb Ram 8Gb
Minimum Processor Speed 9 * 1000Mhz = 9000Mhz 9Ghz

Maybe thats an ova shot with the new C2D out now and even C2Q but im bettin its not gonna be far off atleast 4Gb RAM and a decent c2q until your runnin vista perfectly

and pc's nowa days jus are not built for that so hold off killing xp

LONG LIVE WINDOWS XP

so how bout someone responding to this i know the maths is probably wrong lol but im pretty sure ur still gonna need one hell of a pc to run vista absolutely perfectly

dont post here and tell me ur 2Gb machine runs vista with no faults wot so eva admit it how many times has a program stopped responding ???

xp actually needed 64mb ram to install. so many people keep getting this wrong! your calculations arnt bad imo although id say something like a core 2 duo or some processor around the 3ghz mark, 2gb ram, a decent (in todays standards) graphics card. i recon that would be the minimum to running a decent vista setup and then the higher you go would be better performance, especially gaming wise.

dont post here and tell me ur 2Gb machine runs vista with no faults wot so eva admit it how many times has a program stopped responding ???

None, Zip, Nada!

So your calling me a liar right off the bat huh? :rolleyes:

I have Vista on two separate machines and yes they both run flawlessly with zero issues............sorry you didn't want to hear it but facts are facts.
I have 1GB RAM (Intel core Duo) on the laptop and 2Gb RAM (Pentium D) on the desktop and both have had zero problems with running Vista Home Premium for over two months.

Sorry but your math and theories are wrong...........

It's funny how someone can have a bad experience with an OS so they are automatically an expert!...............Unreal. :eek:

ok i slipped up on the 64 128 although i dnt think there was a machine sold as standard with 64Mb ram and xp ??? but maybe im wrong

n e ways yeah my calculations were on single core processor so a good 3 - 4 Ghz dual core shud match it and 2 Gb does run vist ok and ok bein the important word like 512mb ran xp 'ok' but i cnt say i can run vista smoothly with 2Gb and no doubt even worse as the service packs come in.

but thanks i thought i was gonna get killed after makin that comment lol

None, Zip, Nada!

It's funny how someone can have a bad experience with an OS so they are automatically an expert!...............Unreal. :eek:
yeah but just cos you havent had any probs with vista dosent make you an expert does it

vista may seem like its running at the speed of light at 2gb ram, or even 1gb... but try loading a few app's at once, maybe a game you used to play on xp. then see how well it goes. not very well im guessing. thats why i said my suggestions were a minimum. just like 128mb ram or 256mb may be enough to run xp at a decent speed but try loading photoshop or a game, then it will suffer. it all depends what the machine will be used for.

yep cheers dude

i must keep sayin u CAN run vista probably ok with 512mb but im saying you will need 4Gb or more and a very decent processor to run it perfectly smoothly with no slow down and retail pc's just are not upto that spec nowa days

vista may seem like its running at the speed of light at 2gb ram, or even 1gb... but try loading a few app's at once, maybe a game you used to play on xp. then see how well it goes. not very well im guessing. thats why i said my suggestions were a minimum. just like 128mb ram or 256mb may be enough to run xp at a decent speed but try loading photoshop or a game, then it will suffer. it all depends what the machine will be used for.

my p4 3ghz 1gb ram machine works fine with vista and it runs all my games fine as they did with XP and i have a radeon 9250 gfx card which doesnt even support directx 9

yeah because when running a game in xp and you have 512mb ram say

xp uses 100mb then game uses 412
vista uses 400mb game uses 112 therfore the game runs slow

i am not sayig vista uses exactly 400mb it may use less or more than 400mb but it definately uses more than xp at idle therefore there is less ram left to load games whereas under xp you had that spair ram

Back
Top Bottom