limewire is annoying

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
after i dled sumthin from limewire all of the sudden next day, limewire starts up even tho it isnt in the msconfig startup tab and i cant even open task manager. to get back the task manager i had to do a system restore. but i want to use limewire but i kinda want to get rid of it because it reopens it self after i exit it in the system tray

That's the thing with flie sharing, you never know what will sneak in and screw with your computer. either a virus infected program, spyware, malware, ect. even micro$oft will make sure your computer screws up if your illegally downloading music files. They have the right to intercept the download.

after i dled sumthin from limewire all of the sudden next day, limewire starts up even tho it isnt in the msconfig startup tab and i cant even open task manager. to get back the task manager i had to do a system restore. but i want to use limewire but i kinda want to get rid of it because it reopens it self after i exit it in the system tray

What version of limewire do you have? Im using 4.12.6 What exactly did you download? The file extension that is? Also, did you bother to scan the file before you opened it?

Also, if you go into Limewires option you can remove certain file extensions which would assist in removing viruses/spyware/malware/rootkits/trojans/etc... ...

open command prompt and issue netstat -nab post results.

The symptoms you describe sound very much like a variant of the Alcan worm which has been highly prevelant over the last 12 months. Once infected, the worm disables your command prompt, Task Manager and regedit. It also downloads hundreds/thousands of infected files to the victims hard drive and then enables Limewire on startup to spread them. The worm is easy to spot in a HijackThis log if you wish to post one to be on the safe side.

That's the thing with flie sharing, you never know what will sneak in and screw with your computer. either a virus infected program, spyware, malware, ect. even micro$oft will make sure your computer screws up if your illegally downloading music files. They have the right to intercept the download.

microsoft can legally crew your computer up....!? in what way?

See whats in bold? I have to disagree. Also, see whats in italic?
They have the right to intercept the download since when? I don't think they have 'proper authorization,' to do such a thing. And I sure don't remember reading it in any EULA, (End User License Agreement) or Privacy policy, Service Agreement, Legal Notices, from Microsoft stating such facts can you please post proof/evidence (links,articles,ezines,etc...) to backup your theory? Thanks, 0x0161

I will look deeper into this. Will post later with results.

some files on limewire have dogey names and sizes, eg: an mp3 might just have the song name and not the artist and may be 100kb, in a lot of cases its an exe which is a virus and a lot of people get fooled. just be careful. i use limewire and dont have any problems

ty. and i usually look at file sizes of things i want to dl b4 i do so i can tell if it is reasonable. a song is about 3mb to 4mb while games are like watever. bf2 demo from limewire is 1 gb. starcraft which i was dling was 108 mb pretty reasonable.
this happens on my friends comps too. ok done. +1 evryone to keep u guys happy.

Back
Top Bottom