Qos

DEvok

Baseband Member
my setting in my modem 'speedtouch 530" does let me change set my bandwith, coz i want to split it for me and another pc, i heard that theres Qos programs but whats the best one any easy to use, i got one thats called netcom, but wtf its hard to configure, thanx in advance.

i didnt say i wanted more bandwith, i said i wanted my internet split in HALF, om on 256k and i getb 27kb mAx, and want it in half for both pc's so that 14k for one unit.

i didnt say i wanted more bandwith, i said i wanted my internet split in HALF, om on 256k and i getb 27kb mAx, and want it in half for both pc's so that 14k for one unit.

Basically the bandwidth is automatically split (however if one is not using all of theirs, the other can take it)

If you want advanced QOS, you'll need to pay big money for a switch or router that supports it.

DEvok, your 'speedtouch 530' modem does it connect via USB cable or CAT5 cable?

I have a funny feeling your using USB cabling. If so, don't expect a lot of speed.

If I was you I would send back that P.O.S ADSL modem you have and request an ADSL modem that actually uses CAT5 so you can buy yourself a router (20 to 100 bucks) and network your other systems online instead of using ICS (for windows) or instead of doing what your trying to do.

If your on a 256K speed I wouldnt even waste my time trying to get another pc online thats the bottom of the barrel for ADSL service.

Back
Top Bottom