A10 pilot flying again in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield had a link of it in the original post about this when it all first came up. Unless he gave us a bad link, and by bad i mean fake. Its not the entire video, just a five-minute segment. everything from target accusistion to reports of no friendlies, to the first strafing runs.

Ah so If we can see that vid clip again it might clear some questions up about what happened. What say Brookfield? Think you can find that again?

AFAIK there was only a five minute section of the clip that was leaked to a newspaper, there is still a lot more of the clip that hasn't been released...

and I also thought only sound had been released,
it was the fact that the cockpit video might give away some secrets that meant it was classified to start with...

anyway, I'm afraid that I do have to agree with the post that said it's not the greatest of ideas to start these discussions. I don't really like arguing on the internet.

The cockpit video can be seen here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11021-10043,00.html

do you guys need to be so harsh damn the guy is a human he makes mistake. its funny how all the british people here think he shouldnt return. just FYI US would kick your guys ass anyday HANDS DOWN. you guys should feel LUCKY were helping you. you guys have like what 4000 troops there. thats almost NOTHING compared to our 121000. quit putting our people down just because one of our piliots made a mistake. im pretty freakin sure a british piliot has killed an american by accident. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Join your military and get killed. You have thousands dead, and my relatives in the USA say most of those are conscripts given national service as criminal punishment, not trained soldiers. Your army is overstretched, how do you expect to wage your illegal wars in Iran, North Korea, Haiti, Turkmenistan, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, China, Australia, Mars and Alpha Centauri when your entire military is tied up getting killed in Iraq? Iraq is Vietnam Mk. II, do you Americans ever learn anything or did the crappy High School system rot any brains you had the (mis)fortune to be born with? You are getting torn apart, the UK and South Korea are at least trying to bring their folks home alive.

Why should we class ourselves as "lucky", with your "help"? British troops are dying day in day out because we're helping you in an illegal war. And no you wouldn't beat us, the British army is the best trained in the world, the US wins only on numbers and equipment. Don't forget our SAS train your Delta Force.

And what if it was a brit at the stick? Would you be screeming so loudly? I would venture not.
Modern pilots rely on information fed to them either by voice radio or closed data link. Garbage in, garbage out. That means if the pilot was fed bad intel then it stands to reason that a mistake could be made. Granted he pulled the trigger but he was going on what he thought to be accurate information. Pilots are not gods. They're not perfect. Granted they are held to a higher standard, but they're people just the same.
If you want to have some one to blame then blame the british command for either not knowing where they were or not passing the info on to the aircraft controllers for them to pass on to the pilots.
This is imflamatory>>>
Last Updated: Sunday, 15 April 2007, 14:46 GMT 15:46 UK
Friendly fire pilot back in Iraq
L/Cpl Matty Hull died four years ago in the attack in Basra
A US pilot involved in the friendly fire killing of a UK soldier is returning to fight in Iraq next month, it has emerged.
Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull, 25, of Windsor, Berkshire, died when his Scimitar tank came under fire from a US A-10 "Tank Buster" plane in March 2003.

At an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed.

He told Oxford Coroners' Court L/Cp Hull's death had been "an entirely avoidable tragedy" and that the US fighter pilots' attack on the British convoy of four vehicles near Basra "amounted to an assault" and was criminal.

The US military has not released the names of the A-10 pilots, who were cleared of wrongdoing by the military.

(You can bet your ass there were british officers sitting on that review board when the accident was being investigated, 4 years ago. )

And who the f**k is this bozo?
At an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed.
Must be an election year over there...

The pilot should have checked, or used his discretion. He just opened fire and blew British troops to shit.

And it's an election year in the US next year. Who's getting invaded next? "Inflammatory" is the wrong word to use, sounds like the shitty school system again.

Great thread Brookfield. :rolleyes: Just stir the hornets nest won't you...and go douse yourself in lighter fluid while you run through a brushfire while you're at it too. :rolleyes:

^^ Har har har har de har har har ^^

I'm disappointed in you, I never that you'd ever resort to sarcasm & sniping at us Brits, even if you take into consideration, the huge difference in the amount of men in the front line, I think you'll find that our so-called "friendly fire" incidents were, in proportion, far less than the US, & what the hell are our elections to do with anything???, if you want to talk politics, don't forget that Bush talked our weak Prime Minister Blair into going to war in the first place, if he hadn't, over a hundred of our boys would still be alive today!

Bear in mind we have a flawed political system, so no change will heal the problems.

First of all I don't like your lame attempt at editting my post in your quote. I think if you quote some one it had better be the whole quote.
Secondly, sarcasm & sniping at us Brits? Back up Jack. You started it.

You started the war. You started Vietnam as well. And how many people are there called "Jack" in the USA? Well, not as many called Jerry and Randy, and attach a random Polish surname of your choice.

Now now, I've told you once, you must stay in your pram, or mummy will smack!

That is utterly retarded. Who are you to tell somebody what to do? Smacking is illegal these days anyway, more likely giving the little shit heroin to shut him up.

I don't think so, let a few more fall on their swords first.

You fell on your own several times in this thread alone.

as I understand it, the pilot in question is clearly heard on his radio, (which was played on British news and TV) being told that there were allies in the region and that he should not move onto a new target after he'd finished his present target.

he disobeyed that order (thinking he knew best?)

and the next target that he took was a clearly marked, (orange tagged) allied vehicle.

that's not just an accident, that's disobeying orders and being neglectful.

'deputy whatever' he is hasn't flown before, he's a coroner, how many of your coroners in America have seen combat experience?

besides, which assuming you can be bothered to read the news, (if it's even reported on the news) that decision was only reached after people (american), (presumably on the original military tribunal) leaked reports and recordings as they disagreed with the original rullings, these are the reports that include the messages of them being told not to change targets, recordings of the two pilots targeting the allied vehicles, recordings where they are told that they have just killed their 'friends'.
this evidence was 'classified' by the original tribunal presumably to get the pilot who disobeyed orders and therefore unlawfully killed someone 'off the hook'

he was fed good information and chose to ignore it
Ummm, how about we actually congratulate both british and american command for knowing exactly where their troups were and also sucsesfully relaying that information to the pilots, and we congratulate the pilots for ignoring those instructions and killing people anyway.

that bozo is a legally appointed coroner (as it said in the report).
I find it funny that as soon as someone questions your country all you yanks get so mad that you can't read anymore. (i mean it did say in the news story that you copied that he was the coroner).
British politics and American politics work very differently, I find the funny thing with American politics is that the public are so easily mislead, and elections are popularity contests, rather than political debates. whilst british politics is more about politics and policy, but the polititians seem to just lie a lot more.
either way, election year or not, he's a coroner, nobody votes for him. (duh)
Yeah, I feel fucking real lucky to know that one of your badly trained trigger happy yobs might be putting a bullet in the back of the mates that I have currently serving out there, FYI, we're helping you, you're not helping us. we helped you invade Afghanistan after 9/11 and we helped you shift the focus of a war that you couldn't win by helping you to invade Iraq,

and the worst bit about all of this...

Yes, the pilots, who disobeyed orders and killed someone did get a hell of a lot of support from their government didn't they.

anyway. try finding out the full facts first...

1, the pilots were told not to fire on the convoy
2, everybody knew where the convoy was
3, they shouldn't have been pulling the trigger on anyone.
4, someone died as a result of this neglect
5, it is a terrible accident
6, but it's also an unlawful killing, which deserves punishment, not your same old job to be returned to you after you've already fucked up in such spectacular style.

anyway, lets have a little less blind patriotism, and a little more looking at the facts and having a normal conversation?

root speaks the truth, and is the sole voice of reason on this thread. In fact, for the whole of ComputerForums.org.

Yeah me too. And that's all you're gonna get out of me.

Good. Not as if anything you said is fair, balanced or rational. Although there is no such thing as being irrational, because the irrational one will always assume themself to be rational.

And please don't take shots at how long my memory lasts.

Obviously longer than your love life, seeing as all your friends appear to be computers and cats.

And please don't take shots at how long my memory lasts.
Sorry, wasn't taking shots at your memory. I posted that under a quote from udster where he said we should feel LUCKY that america is helping us out...

normally wouldn't have said anything but for two reasons.

1, it's not lucky to be helped out in the way that this thread is questioning
2, America went to war in Iraq before Britain did, that means we turned up to help you. you're the ones who are lucky to have allies out there.

OOOOOOOOOOOOh calm down people :D

LMAO

I'm not breathing down your neck or anything, but can you not post such inane stuff.

I think this is the second time you've been asked about this.

it's not that I mind the occasional post from people saying stuff like yeah, that's funny. or lol etc, but you're really pushing whole new horizons with this.

LOL, people are just getting a bit heated up, I mean people are triple posting, and being SO sarcastic it's not even funny. :D

Just tryin to keep the love in this cool little community :cool:

LOL, people are just getting a bit heated up, I mean people are triple posting, and being SO sarcastic it's not even funny. :D

Just tryin to keep the love in this cool little community :cool:
The cool community will return when you leave, there's a brilliant expression that UK uses; "retard" it suits you-->>
eyecrazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom