A10 pilot flying again in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this as a good thing. I still feel that it wasn't entirely the piolts fault for the FF. Yes, he is still somewhat responsible (he pulled the trigger after all), but he was only going off of what his CO told him. "No friendlies that far north."

But at any rate the good: He does have combat experiance. the odds of that infamus flight being his first/only is slim. very slim for that time of the war. But he does know now how to pay attention to detail at what they are attacking. he can speak from first hand experiance and teach the noobs of iraq on how important it is on knowing what you are shooting at.

combat experience?

the last thing we need is yanks shooting us as well... why should he be allowed to fly again?? thats crazy...

do you guys need to be so harsh damn the guy is a human he makes mistake. its funny how all the british people here think he shouldnt return. just FYI US would kick your guys ass anyday HANDS DOWN. you guys should feel LUCKY were helping you. you guys have like what 4000 troops there. thats almost NOTHING compared to our 121000. quit putting our people down just because one of our piliots made a mistake. im pretty freakin sure a british piliot has killed an american by accident. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And what if it was a brit at the stick? Would you be screeming so loudly? I would venture not.
Modern pilots rely on information fed to them either by voice radio or closed data link. Garbage in, garbage out. That means if the pilot was fed bad intel then it stands to reason that a mistake could be made. Granted he pulled the trigger but he was going on what he thought to be accurate information. Pilots are not gods. They're not perfect. Granted they are held to a higher standard, but they're people just the same.
If you want to have some one to blame then blame the british command for either not knowing where they were or not passing the info on to the aircraft controllers for them to pass on to the pilots.
This is imflamatory>>>
Last Updated: Sunday, 15 April 2007, 14:46 GMT 15:46 UK
Friendly fire pilot back in Iraq
L/Cpl Matty Hull died four years ago in the attack in Basra
A US pilot involved in the friendly fire killing of a UK soldier is returning to fight in Iraq next month, it has emerged.
Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull, 25, of Windsor, Berkshire, died when his Scimitar tank came under fire from a US A-10 "Tank Buster" plane in March 2003.

One of two pilots involved in the incident is now being deployed in Iraq as part of the Idaho Air Guard.

A spokesman said he was deployed due to his "extensive combat experience".

'Unlawfully killed'

Air Guard spokesman 1st Lt Tony Vincelli said the pilot's squadron would focus on providing close air support for ground troops, but for security reasons the exact location of the deployment would not be made public.

The other pilot involved in the "blue on blue" attack on British scimitar armoured vehicles near Basra has since retired.

At an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed.

He told Oxford Coroners' Court L/Cp Hull's death had been "an entirely avoidable tragedy" and that the US fighter pilots' attack on the British convoy of four vehicles near Basra "amounted to an assault" and was criminal.

The US military has not released the names of the A-10 pilots, who were cleared of wrongdoing by the military.

(You can bet your ass there were british officers sitting on that review board when the accident was being investigated, 4 years ago. )

And who the f**k is this bozo?
At an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed.
Must be an election year over there...

ya i pretty sure that deputy whoever was a brit wasnt he and i bet he has never flown before i wish people like him would keep feeding the public that kind of bull shit "unlawfuly" killed my butt and was a terrible accident but the piliot shouldnt be held accountable. im sure the guilt alone is enough punishmentb

Great thread Brookfield. :rolleyes: Just stir the hornets nest won't you...and go douse yourself in lighter fluid while you run through a brushfire while you're at it too. :rolleyes:

L/Cpl Matty Hull died four years ago in the attack in Basra
A US pilot involved in the friendly fire killing of a UK soldier is returning to fight in Iraq next month, it has emerged.
Lance Corporal of Horse Matty Hull, 25, of Windsor, Berkshire, died when his Scimitar tank came under fire from a US A-10 "Tank Buster" plane in March 2003, the other pilot involved in the "blue on blue" attack on British scimitar armoured vehicles near Basra has since retired.

At an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed, he told Oxford Coroners' Court L/Cp Hull's death had been "an entirely avoidable tragedy" and that the US fighter pilots' attack on the British convoy of four vehicles near Basra "amounted to an assault" and was criminal, who the f**k is this bozo?, at an inquest earlier this year, Oxfordshire Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Walker concluded L/Cp Hull was unlawfully killed.
Must be an election year over there...
I'm disappointed in you, I never that you'd ever resort to sarcasm & sniping at us Brits, even if you take into consideration, the huge difference in the amount of men in the front line, I think you'll find that our so-called "friendly fire" incidents were, in proportion, far less than the US, & what the hell are our elections to do with anything???, if you want to talk politics, don't forget that Bush talked our weak Prime Minister Blair into going to war in the first place, if he hadn't, over a hundred of our boys would still be alive today!

First of all I don't like your lame attempt at editting my post in your quote. I think if you quote some one it had better be the whole quote.
Secondly, sarcasm & sniping at us Brits? Back up Jack. You started it.

LOL, nice thread to look at first thing on a morning :p how has everyone been on a posative note? :D

Great thread Brookfield. :rolleyes: Just stir the hornets nest won't you...and go douse yourself in lighter fluid while you run through a brushfire while you're at it too. :rolleyes:
Now now, I've told you once, you must stay in your pram, or mummy will smack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom