Quad Core's first arrivals!

n the third quarter of the year Intel will also reduce pricing of its currently shipping Core 2 Quad Q6600 chip to $266 and will introduce Core 2 Quad Q6700 at $530 price-point.

i might have to wait a little longer to build a new rigg =/ if quad core will be that cheep

My friend has a sick setup.

It is a Quad Core, w. Evga mobo the best one I forget exactly which one, a 7900gtx, 2gb crucial ballistix ddr2 1000, and honestly I'm not impressed by it.

TIts not that its because games cant use 4 cores, barely we using 2 cores on the new ones so there is no support.

I feel so out dated with my piece of crap computer wow! lmfao

Basically I think were going to need quad core and Quad sli just to run games like crysis, I think I read or heard that Crysis is going to be made to take advantage of both cores on a dual core processor

Id be happy with
Dual core @ 3.0GHZ//2GB or 4GB ram//500GB SATA HDD//DVD-RW//512MBGPU or 768MBGPU

Quad core actually has greater potential than single core or dual core setups. It's just too bad everything else is lagging behind. I love a dual core setup myself, but so far the system that I have now seems to be running pretty good with all the modern stuff I've put on it like Vista and most programs.

thank god vista was built with multicore in mind thats going to deff increase speed a lot
to bad develpers r lazy exspasly in the gaming department
the only thing i see using quad core well is crysis and bioshock
crysis is so powerfull it cant be ported to 360/ps3 =P
if developers utilize dual core instead of virtual cores like on consiles then the graphics on a computer would once again look 10 time better then a consile there would be no comparison

Back
Top Bottom