Big problem, please help!!

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, my cousin was messing with his old computer, and after this(removing a graphics card to go back to onboard) it will not turn on, so I brought a mobo over and it gets power, so I think the motherboard on his might have been fried. Am I right? Nothing happens when I turn it on. Any ideas or is the computer shot, its an old one.

Is there power getting to the mobo? Has he checked all connections incase he has knocked something? Did he ground himself?

He's probably loosened a connection somewhere, check the whole PC making sure everything is plugged in right

Yeah, we have repluged every thing in, the power to the mobo, and the wires the the power button on the case. Is there a way to make it so that as soon as the power supply gets power it starts the computer? I think he didnt ground himself when he took the card out too.

If he didnt ground himself then there could be a static problem from him. Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Have you got a different PSU that you can try?

tried both and no responces, o well, I put my old computer back togethor, but the motherboard had been unplugged for 3-5 months and now it says it cant find BOOTMGR any idea what I should do? Thanks.

Did he change the setting in the bios back to onboard.

Edit: Saw that Raffaz said to reset the bios so that would cause it to go back.

Back
Top Bottom