Why would...

Sooner

Baseband Member
My laptop start going dead on me when I unplug it from the power source? It lasts about 4 or 5 minutes. When I first unplug, it says I have 99 percent, then it just cuts off. No warning or anything. It is not very old and did not do this before, I used to be able to get about an hour out of it. Thanks.

It could be that you're battery is going/is dead...If you have a spare laying around I would try that, if you get the same results it could be a problem with the recharger in the laptop..

Matt

Yeah your battery is probably going

It might be worth contacting the manufacturer of the laptop about it, as when I did this with Acer they took the laptop in, had a look at it, and fixed it under the guarantee

Obviously this depends on how long you've had it and whether It's still under guarantee

a good change your battery is fcuked. i dont know if theres any viruses that can drain your battery like this, i highly doubt it. contact the manufacturer and if they are decent enough they will send you a replacement. what laptop is it? i heard toshiba had a bad batch of batterys not too long back

i'm willing to bet its your laptops battery. slim chance of the actual contact that is connected to the motherboard being damaged, or coming off the board.

my last bet would be the charger itself.

Clean the battery contacts with a pencil eraser. Don't get too frisky just a gentle brushing off. Most battery damage comes from having the battery in while the laptop is on ac power. Some laptop models don't have a smart charger circuit and will continuously charge the battery. This not only over charges the battery but over heats the battery which can lead to killing it.
Run the lappy on the battery and let it shut down. Don't touch it over night and in the morning plug the ac in and let it charge for about 4 hours. Then pull the ac and let it go till it shuts down. Do this over and over till the battery comes back to full power. If it doesn't then the battery is kaput and you need to warm up the visa card. They're not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom