How Far Do You Overclock?

oops, I picked the wrong o well lol, I oc'ed my e6600 from 2.4ghz to 3.8ghz which is a 1.4ghz oc

Haha, pretty evenly-dispersed votes. I OC 500MHz because my stepping tends to max out at around 3GHz, and unstably so. So I bumped mine down to 2.9GHz for 100% stability.

I usually overclock my CPU a bit just for fun. I'm not much of an overclocking enthusiast so I don't really care about it. Ownage on the other hand, he loves tweaking and getting every bit he can from his CPU. :p

Overclocking can have it's rewards, just make sure you know what your doing otherwise you can fry your mother board i.e cpu.

My mobo/processor seems to max out at 3.8ghz for some reson, idk why its not the cooling because when I bump my processor speed up to like 4ghz it stays running without shutting down due to overheating, but no video is displayed...maybe it could be my graphics card can't handle the high fsb's

hascet, lock your your PCI and PCI-Express bus speeds to 33 and 100 respectively. Depending on what motherboard you have, you might be able to go to 113mhz on the PCI-Express bus speed.

And by the way guys, for any of you overclocking video cards, bumping up the bus speed of the slot ie. PCI, AGP, PCI-Express will yield you a higher overclock ;)

The farthest I've gone with my E6600 is 3.4, but that was on stock cooling :p

Overclocking can have it's rewards, just make sure you know what your doing otherwise you can fry your mother board i.e cpu.

Yeah, since I haven't really done it before and I can't be bothered to learn how to I think it's better to leave it!

Besides, I don't need my PC to be faster than it is.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom